Exclusive: Covid-19 may not have originated in China, Oxford University expert believes

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

It could possibly have been man made. As corona viruses have already been manufactured in 2015.

The first line of the article you linked says " On social media and news outlets, a theory has circulated that the coronavirus at the root of the COVID-19 outbreak originated in a research lab. Scientists say there is no evidence that the SARS-CoV-2 virus escaped from a lab. "

Kinda contradicts the point a little.

One of the other things on that linked page is slightly more worrying :-

Last edited:
The first line of the article you linked says " On social media and news outlets, a theory has circulated that the coronavirus at the root of the COVID-19 outbreak originated in a research lab. Scientists say there is no evidence that the SARS-CoV-2 virus escaped from a lab. "

Kinda contradicts the point a little.

One of the other things on that linked page is slightly more worrying :-

The first line in the article is an update to the original article. The original article states that a corona virus was created in a lab and the update is saying that people think covid19 could have been also so it isn't contradictory.

Good to see the screw being turned on China. All their main tech and telecoms being suffocated. Hopefully the people will revolt and take down the dictatorship. Fair play to India, UK, USA and Australia etc.

Cannot allow this to happen again and plunge the world into recession the risk is too great.

That appears every so often, marmots (or something similar) carry it on the steppes I think and pass it on from time to time. I was pretty surprised when I looked into it a few years back whilst living in the West of China after an earlier case emerged and found out it kills a lot of people. Inner Mongolia is still pretty undeveloped all told.
The average is between 7 and 12 deaths every year from bubonic plague worldwide. Not significant unless you’re one of the poor souls that die from it, but it hasn’t gone away. Strange how it’s hit the headlines now. Not.

There's a supposedly new strain of swine flu in China and another unknown virus in Kazakhstan with possible chances of pandemic. Fk it's all coming out in 2020 isn't it lol

Last edited:

Back