Exclusive: Covid-19 may not have originated in China, Oxford University expert believes

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Oddly enough i've just been reading in the mail it could've been in china since 2012.
Some gadgies were shovelling out bat droppings from a mine and 3 died unexpectedly. The other 4 tested positive a year later.
Who to believe?
How could they have tested positive for coronavirus in 2013?

Oddly enough i've just been reading in the mail it could've been in china since 2012.
Some gadgies were shovelling out bat droppings from a mine and 3 died unexpectedly. The other 4 tested positive a year later.
Who to believe?
C

Covid 12 then.

Big story appearing in the Telegraph yesterday, and makes sense as scientific evidence starts to find samples of the virus in other locations way beyond the timescale, such as Barcelona last March.

😂😂😂😂😂

To be fair, another Oxford expert also reckoned we’d have herd immunity by April and it was safe to re-open pubs.

A single academic or a small unit aren’t infallible just because they’re from a good university, especially if it’s a pre-print on a developing issue.

Is that the study released in March suggesting up to 50% of our population could already have been infected?

Is that the study released in March suggesting up to 50% of our population could already have been infected?

Indeed. I myself was too hasty to believe it because I wanted it to be true. Ultimately, antibody tests both across Europe and in the UK have demonstrated that best case scenario we're looking at 10-15% have antibodies, as of the end of June.

Indeed. I myself was too hasty to believe it because I wanted it to be true. Ultimately, antibody tests both across Europe and in the UK have demonstrated that best case scenario we're looking at 10-15% have antibodies, as of the end of June.

Thought it must be. The research relied on stats for reported deaths which we now know were hugely under-reported at the time. Not sure we can blame the scientists for that.

Just had another look and it says closely related to corona 19.
The point i was attempting to make is there's hundreds if not thousands of studies/boffins with opinions so as usually happens people will believe one's that suits their agenda (including me) and some will pass it on as the truth.

That’s gonna disappoint quite a few who desperately want to blame it on people who look different to us.
That’s a pretty poor post. The Chinese government is despotic and no doubt covered up the virus at W critical stage, which allowed it to spread.
Quite why youve decided to bring physical characteristics into it I have no idea.
People are more than their appearance you know. It’s amongst the least interesting thing about them. Plus most/all of the criticism I’ve seen has been of the government, not the people.

On the basis that we humans have only successfully eradicated one virus, smallpox, from the planet you shouldn’t be surprised and niether should people like Trump being saying we will kill COVID19

I think another comparison is Polio - that caused sporadic outbreaks that terrified the poulation as the consequences could be horrific

It hasnt been eradicated but is very much under control and isnt something that people fear due to the vaccine

That’s a pretty poor post. The Chinese government is despotic and no doubt covered up the virus at W critical stage, which allowed it to spread.
Quite why youve decided to bring physical characteristics into it I have no idea.
People are more than their appearance you know. It’s amongst the least interesting thing about them. Plus most/all of the criticism I’ve seen has been of the government, not the people.
You know nothing about the origins of COVID-19 - same as myself. I feel no need to lay the blame at the door of the Chinese nor defend them for it. I’ll wait for proof.
My point is that many want the Chinese to be responsible because it affirms their superiority complex and allows them to look down on another nation/ culture/ way of life.
You seem to have made your mind up and it sounds like proof is a ‘nice to have but not essential’ and that they are guilty until proved innocent.

You know nothing about the origins of COVID-19 - same as myself. I feel no need to lay the blame at the door of the Chinese nor defend them for it. I’ll wait for proof.
My point is that many want the Chinese to be responsible because it affirms their superiority complex and allows them to look down on another nation/ culture/ way of life.
You seem to have made your mind up and it sounds like proof is a ‘nice to have but not essential’ and that they are guilty until proved innocent.

All evidence suggests the virus originated in China. SARS, a very similar virus, originated in China. There were clear epidemiological links to a wet market, just like SARS.

Chinese practices regarding the treatment of animals and the consumption of meat create a fertile breeding ground for all kinds of novel, zoonotic viruses and with enough chances, some of those will infect humans and some of those will have pandemic potential.

This isn't about feeling superior, it's just basic science. China's unhygienic practices don't get a free pass under the guise that all cultural practices are equally valid - they're not.

They eat people in Papau New Guinea. That's also fine, is it?

All evidence suggests the virus originated in China. SARS, a very similar virus, originated in China. There were clear epidemiological links to a wet market, just like SARS.

Chinese practices regarding the treatment of animals and the consumption of meat create a fertile breeding ground for all kinds of novel, zoonotic viruses and with enough chances, some of those will infect humans and some of those will have pandemic potential.

This isn't about feeling superior, it's just basic science. China's unhygienic practices don't get a free pass under the guise that all cultural practices are equally valid - they're not.

They eat people in Papau New Guinea. That's also fine, is it?

As long as they are cooked properly.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Big story appearing in the Telegraph yesterday, and makes sense as scientific evidence starts to find samples of the virus in other locations way beyond the timescale, such as Barcelona last March.
.. You often get some sientist who goes against the grain though usually they are wrong .. They said Einstein was wrong, so you never know ..

Their behaviour, whether it originated from there or not, allowed it to spread to the extent where it's devastated the world.
Trying to play the race card, on their behalf, to try and prevent criticism might win you a few likes from the woke brigade, but will do nothing to protect the world from future outbreaks of other diseases from China.

Back