RR EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Methven discusses Sunderland’s investment, transfer window & scouting plans

RTG

Robot
Staff member
In an exclusive Podcast interview with Roker Report, Sunderland Executive Director Charlie Methven has given updates on the club’s plans for the future - including the January transfer window, the increased scouting network, investment and more. Sunderland executive director Charlie Methven and the club’s academy director Paul Reid were the guests...

More at Roker Report...

Riveting stuff......We're in great hands!

In an exclusive Podcast interview with Roker Report, Sunderland Executive Director Charlie Methven has given updates on the club’s plans for the future - including the January transfer window, the increased scouting network, investment and more.

The nagging question is “what is in it for the investors, FFP”?

In my work I deal with American businesses, investors and know of companies owned by US investment vehicles, such as KKR hedge fund.

In my experience they are usually completely ruthless in business deals. There is never altruism as a motive, usually short term gains on controlling assets.

At the very least they must have some security on their investment? Property or first options on a discounted purchase price.

It is baffling.

The nagging question is “what is in it for the investors, FFP”?

In my work I deal with American businesses, investors and know of companies owned by US investment vehicles, such as KKR hedge fund.

In my experience they are usually completely ruthless in business deals. There is never altruism as a motive, usually short term gains on controlling assets.

At the very least they must have some security on their investment? Property or first options on a discounted purchase price.

It is baffling.

They aren’t daft enough to have that unsaleable asset aka SOL as security surely?

When he's gannin on that long f***ing soliloquy of his, why the fuck does nobody from Roker Report just interrupt him and ask him how the fuck he squares his and his gaffer's frequent boasts with the fact that it appears, without this investment, we are too piss poor even to fix the f***ing lift in the Academy of Light?

Like, do we have a pot to piss in or not? I appreciate fully what he says about how difficult cuts are to make. But fuck me, how have we had to wait this long to fix the f***ing lifts?

In an exclusive Podcast interview with Roker Report, Sunderland Executive Director Charlie Methven has given updates on the club’s plans for the future - including the January transfer window, the increased scouting network, investment and more.

About to have me tea so will not get around to reading it for abit but I assume your being sarcastic.

At a guess, they have sorted the clubs finances but are still working in the clubs finances and deserve sucking off for it, fans will never understand that side of it as we all just want millions chucked about, they all doing a great job. Results? Have you looked at the work we have done to cut costs?

It is a total whitewash.
Also, I would love to see the actual details of the ‘employment’ levels between us and Tottenham Hotspur. The comparison is very much of a politician, and is likely to be the the story he wants to tell rather than the facts.
I would wager that Spurs have a differing means of counting their employment levels.

Any idea on the colour of his trousers

When he's gannin on that long f***ing soliloquy of his, why the fuck does nobody from Roker Report just interrupt him and ask him how the fuck he squares his and his gaffer's frequent boasts with the fact that it appears, without this investment, we are too piss poor even to fix the f***ing lift in the Academy of Light?

Like, do we have a pot to piss in or not? I appreciate fully what he says about how difficult cuts are to make. But fuck me, how have we had to wait this long to fix the f***ing lifts?

'best finances in the football league'

That's stuff about wearing a sheepskin.

Why does he feel its so necessary to be such a condesending bellend when the club crumbles down around him under his guidance?
Especially when the majority of fans have been saying we should have a modern approach to scouting. He talks to us as if we are backward, clueless people who know nothing about football.

@Cack Stottie

The people have spoken.

Back