RR EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Methven discusses Sunderland’s investment, transfer window & scouting plans

I only want great things for my club. I want this bloke and the owner to succeed. I am gobsmacked to realise we need outside investment now. I’m sure we were told by this bloke and the owner that we did t need any investment until we reached the Championship.
He conveniently didn’t mention that. A spin doctor he maybe but not all of us fall for it.
If you look in on here Charlie or maybe even post as an illiterate Irish fella, feckin sort it out we are a shambles.

Last edited:
Feel a tad sorry for Methven being pushed out into the limelight over the last few weeks while Donald has gone into hiding.

That said, they’re both way out of their depth at a club the size of ours. Took a gamble on us being promoted at the first time of asking and selling for profit, they’ll be shitting themselves now it looks like we’re in this division for the long haul.

Methven is allegedly the PR guru so he should be good at this side of it. The fact he keeps having digs at the fans shows how bad he is at it.

I only want great things for my club. I want this bloke and the owner to succeed. I am gobsmacked to realise we need outside investment now. I’m sure we were told by this bloke and the owner that we did t need any investment until we reached the Championship.
He conveniently didn’t mention that. A spin doctor he maybe but not all of us fall for it.
If you look in on here Charlie or maybe even post as an illiterate Irish fella, feckin sort it out we are a shambles.
I reckon we were always going to need investment in their second season in charge.

I think they just thought we would be in the championship.

#55 I get that. He seems to be the one who attracted the Yanks in the first place so let’s give him credit for that.
Why haven’t they taken control of the ship ?
I want Captain Cook and it seems we’ve got Blackbeard.

Last edited:
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevators - that will be fixed now...:lol:

Back