Excluding club bias (no connection to Sunderland) who is your favourite person in football...

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date

Bit random but Gary Mabbutt seems a thoroughly nice and genuine bloke.

Yeah good call. He's spent the last few days phoning up some Tottenham fans in the over 70s category to check on how they're doing. Talking about it on the radio and sounded like he had a lot of satisfaction out of it.

Certainly one of my favourites would be George Best....shame he was'nt English! As a young boy in the Roker End on top of my bro' in laws shoulders i can remember looking out for him when playing Man Utd. A special talent but as with the likes of his talent and many others of the time, the out of hours "playtime" took their toll. Such a shame he was'nt given the opporunity to perform more on the International stage.

Nigel Clough
Same here because of this.
When I was 19 I was walking along Fawcett Street to go clubbing to Chambers and two lasses ran past me, one turns and looks at me, grabs her mates arm and shouts "STOP!!! It's Nigel Clough", saying I was the double of him. We got talking and they both linked my arms and we went into Chambers. I bucked one of them that night. The next week only the other one was out and said her mate gave me 9/10 in bed, so I replied I could try for a 10/10 with her. Bucked her that night. (Tis true).

Age has treated me kind and I'm glad I don't look like his Dar now. :lol:

Back