Excited

From what I know of Park, his signings came with the potential to be resold for far greater amounts. I'm not sure on his actual methods but the philosophy behind them was for Celtic at least, spot on. This is, of course, a lot easier to do at Celtic than it is Sunderland, but if the intent is there, it is a massive step up in my opinion.

If he is at the forefront of statistical analysis I couldn't say, but he has actual experience of being successful in that role. I think it would be a massive appointment if incorporated with a philosophy that will run throughout the club. Plus the Falkirk thing could be a massive advantage if true.

I didn't catch the Acadamy series, have you got a link? Got to say I'm a touch negative about the whole area and how I perceive it to have been treated. I could be very wrong but a lot of half-truths appear to have been told.

If JR keeps contact between the age levels then that is great to hear, I believe he would like to be here for a while it's just certain other aspects that take priority in decision making that could hold him back.

Seems a touch harsh mind, whilst I have never been behind his appointment, you can only do what you're employed to.

Should someone bring you in to use your contacts to find cheap players who will get you promoted whilst spending as little as possible, well he almost did it.

Tis the remit at fault, imo.

The Lost Bhoys

More clueless than Congerton and that is saying something.
Feckin U. S.

You surely don't mean the De Fanti episode??
That crock of shite set us back big time.
Moberg Karlson, Diakite , Roberge, Cabral, Celutska etc etc total f***ing shite.

I do, those players cost nothing in transfer nor wage. It was a ridiculous remit they were given, had it been different we would have purchased players like Benjamin Mendy and Alfred Duncan for a fraction of their current worth on relatively tiny wages.

I am not yet excited. The whole 'new owners, new money, new staff, new start, new philosophy' has been done many times before - I've watched the whole box set.

The Niall Quinn/Keane/Drummaville one was exciting. You really felt like things were on the up with the club. There was a buzz about the place. Now takeovers are just mundane business deals with little to get really excited about.

I am not yet excited. The whole 'new owners, new money, new staff, new start, new philosophy' has been done many times before - I've watched the whole box set.

I know of two times we tried to do anything but build on momentum.

Murray brought in Ajax academy chief to run ours, it didn't last because I believe he was ridiculed internally and we ran out of money.

Short fundamentally changed the way the club had been run since its creation by appointing a director of football. Only to ditch the whole set up within 6 months due to, in my opinion, a lack of understanding.

We flip-flopped regularly in philosophy under short, only to never implement it properly.

Pay the proper people, manage them and the fans, watch the club go.

From what I know of Park, his signings came with the potential to be resold for far greater amounts. I'm not sure on his actual methods but the philosophy behind them was for Celtic at least, spot on. This is, of course, a lot easier to do at Celtic than it is Sunderland, but if the intent is there, it is a massive step up in my opinion.

If he is at the forefront of statistical analysis I couldn't say, but he has actual experience of being successful in that role. I think it would be a massive appointment if incorporated with a philosophy that will run throughout the club. Plus the Falkirk thing could be a massive advantage if true.

I didn't catch the Acadamy series, have you got a link? Got to say I'm a touch negative about the whole area and how I perceive it to have been treated. I could be very wrong but a lot of half-truths appear to have been told.

If JR keeps contact between the age levels then that is great to hear, I believe he would like to be here for a while it's just certain other aspects that take priority in decision making that could hold him back.

Seems a touch harsh mind, whilst I have never been behind his appointment, you can only do what you're employed to.

Should someone bring you in to use your contacts to find cheap players who will get you promoted whilst spending as little as possible, well he almost did it.

Here’s the link btw. Follow the links from this episode. There’s another 6 or 7 in the series. Think it seems pretty decent tbh

Ki Sung-Yueng - £1.2m
Berem Kayal - £1.2m
Emilio Izaguirre - £600,000
Niall McGinn - £300,000
Paddy McCourt - £500,000
Mikael Lustig - Free
Victor Wanyama - £900,000
Efe Ambrose - £1.5m
Tom Rogic - £400,000
Virgil van Dijk - £2.6m
Nir Bitton - £700,000
Stefan Johansen - Free
Stuart Armstrong - £2m
Dedryck Boyata - £1.5m
Ryan Christie - £500,000
Jozo Simumovic - £3m
Erik Sviatchenko - £1.5m
Kirstoffer Ajer - £800,000
Moussa Dembele - £500,000

Thought Coton had left
no that was something made up by people on here.

But surely we go forward on players on his recommendation?
scouts present a list based on whar the manager asked for. the manager picks the player he wants from the list.

0 interest in going back into this with you. Imo your agenda drove and won't listen to reason on this matter.
did you lsiten to the owners explanation and evidence-ot just ignore it because ou want to believe somehing else?

Last edited:
Speculation whilst a good thing is one persons opinion of a system or series of events.

Last season while not a total bust, did not make the set remit of promotion. Has this season to put it right in terms of playing staff and results.

Interesting times ahead, will wait for 19th June and watch transfers in and out with a keen interest.

park has never been a dif before has he? he has been a schief scout and a good one, be interestsing to see if he can step up o the new role.
coton didnt spend as little as possible, he spent vast amounts for his league..

Ki Sung-Yueng - £1.2m
Berem Kayal - £1.2m
Emilio Izaguirre - £600,000
Niall McGinn - £300,000
Paddy McCourt - £500,000
Mikael Lustig - Free
Victor Wanyama - £900,000
Efe Ambrose - £1.5m
Tom Rogic - £400,000
Virgil van Dijk - £2.6m
Nir Bitton - £700,000
Stefan Johansen - Free
Stuart Armstrong - £2m
Dedryck Boyata - £1.5m
Ryan Christie - £500,000
Jozo Simumovic - £3m
Erik Sviatchenko - £1.5m
Kirstoffer Ajer - £800,000
Moussa Dembele - £500,000

Nee Will Grigg?

While it is purely hypothetical at the minute, but the possibility of having new owners with a plan on how to revolutionise the system set up to fail that we currently employ is quite exciting.

It is receiving nowhere near the attention that last summer did with good reason, the prominence of John Park to me at least shows an intent to be clever in planning how to actually achieve success rather than striving to get the most basic of things correct.

If, we can fuse the current owner's devotion towards fan service whilst employing clever people in key places, work to a successful philosophy, then its happy days.

Sure it'll all crumble down at some point because Sunderland but at the very least there is some hope.
our last DOF proved a disaster so I'm not getting too excited tbh

contracts dont end until june 30-why would he show up before then?
tbf we're all still waiting for Grigg to turn up

Back