Excited

Coeus

Striker
While it is purely hypothetical at the minute, but the possibility of having new owners with a plan on how to revolutionise the system set up to fail that we currently employ is quite exciting.

It is receiving nowhere near the attention that last summer did with good reason, the prominence of John Park to me at least shows an intent to be clever in planning how to actually achieve success rather than striving to get the most basic of things correct.

If, we can fuse the current owner's devotion towards fan service whilst employing clever people in key places, work to a successful philosophy, then its happy days.

Sure it'll all crumble down at some point because Sunderland but at the very least there is some hope.

While it is purely hypothetical at the minute, but the possibility of having new owners with a plan on how to revolutionise the system set up to fail that we currently employ is quite exciting.

It is receiving nowhere near the attention that last summer did with good reason, the prominence of John Park to me at least shows an intent to be clever in planning how to actually achieve success rather than striving to get the most basic of things correct.

If, we can fuse the current owner's devotion towards fan service whilst employing clever people in key places, work to a successful philosophy, then its happy days.

Sure it'll all crumble down at some point because Sunderland but at the very least there is some hope.
Guess we’ll see. Park has a good track record and putting a proper DoF in place will surely be an improvement on Tony Coton. That being said, the articles I’ve seen about Park talk about his contacts and not much else. Just because we have a DoF in place doesn’t mean he’ll be the innovator we really need.

While you’re on, what did you make of the series of articles on the academy in he chronicle? Obviously it was a profile series so unlikely to be too critical but pretty much everything they said they were doing made good sense. Also, I was heartened to see that Ross ensures that there is contact between the 18s and 23s and the first team each week

Last edited:
Guess we’ll see. Park has a good track record and putting a proper DoF in place will surely be an improvement on Tony Coton. That being said, the articles I’ve seen about Park talk about his contacts. Just because we have a DoF in place doesn’t mean he’ll be the innovator we really need.

While you’re on, what did you make of the series of articles on the academy in he chronicle? Obviously it was a profile series so unlikely to be too critical but pretty much everything they said they were doing made good sense. Also, I was heartened to see that Ross ensures that there is contact between the 18s and 23s and the first team each week
surely if park is coming in as dof that doesnt impact coton..coton is a chief scout..clubs have both?

Guess we’ll see. Park has a good track record and putting a proper DoF in place will surely be an improvement on Tony Coton. That being said, the articles I’ve seen about Park talk about his contacts and not much else. Just because we have a DoF in place doesn’t mean he’ll be the innovator we really need.

From what I know of Park, his signings came with the potential to be resold for far greater amounts. I'm not sure on his actual methods but the philosophy behind them was for Celtic at least, spot on. This is, of course, a lot easier to do at Celtic than it is Sunderland, but if the intent is there, it is a massive step up in my opinion.

If he is at the forefront of statistical analysis I couldn't say, but he has actual experience of being successful in that role. I think it would be a massive appointment if incorporated with a philosophy that will run throughout the club. Plus the Falkirk thing could be a massive advantage if true.

I didn't catch the Acadamy series, have you got a link? Got to say I'm a touch negative about the whole area and how I perceive it to have been treated. I could be very wrong but a lot of half-truths appear to have been told.

If JR keeps contact between the age levels then that is great to hear, I believe he would like to be here for a while it's just certain other aspects that take priority in decision making that could hold him back.

Hopefully we fuck off that chancer in a heartbeat

Seems a touch harsh mind, whilst I have never been behind his appointment, you can only do what you're employed to.

Should someone bring you in to use your contacts to find cheap players who will get you promoted whilst spending as little as possible, well he almost did it.

Tis the remit at fault, imo.

Last edited:
It will only take 1 poor signing and that John Clark gadgie will be destroyed on here by the usual suspects

Stands to reason.

Half my issue with SD is he is so keen to please fans, which is great when it comes to matchday experience and being involved but not so much when it comes to strategy or finance. The fact that he will walk when his "welcome is worn out" it is probably beneficial that this is preempting that.

From what I know of Park, his signings came with the potential to be resold for far greater amounts. I'm not sure on his actual methods but the philosophy behind them was for Celtic at least, spot on. This is, of course, a lot easier to do at Celtic than it is Sunderland, but if the intent is there, it is a massive step up in my opinion.

If he is at the forefront of statistical analysis I couldn't say, but he has actual experience of being successful in that role. I think it would be a massive appointment if incorporated with a philosophy that will run throughout the club. Plus the Falkirk thing could be a massive advantage if true.

I didn't catch the Acadamy series, have you got a link? Got to say I'm a touch negative about the whole area and how I perceive it to have been treated. I could be very wrong but a lot of half-truths appear to have been told.

If JR keeps contact between the age levels then that is great to hear, I believe he would like to be here for a while it's just certain other aspects that take priority in decision making that could hold him back.

Seems a touch harsh mind, whilst I have never been behind his appointment, you can only do what you're employed to.

Should someone bring you in to use your contacts to find cheap players who will get you promoted whilst spending as little as possible, well he almost did it.

Tis the remit at fault, imo.
the main half truth abot the academy is that the club are trying to sell players from it..its bollox. SD has in writing the transfer request of every young player that has left.

How is the current system currently set up to fail? Because we didn't go up last year? That doesn't mean the system is set up to fail.

It's hard to get excited about a takeover at this point. Last season it was much needed and had been a long time coming. Right now it feels like after a season that ended in disappointment the owners are cashing in their chips.

How is the current system currently set up to fail? Because we didn't go up last year? That doesn't mean the system is set up to fail.

It's hard to get excited about a takeover at this point. Last season it was much needed and had been a long time coming. Right now it feels like after a season that ended in disappointment the owners are cashing in their chips.

The system that's set up to fail is about being short term weighted, it wouldn't have made a difference had we gone up or not in my opinion, it would simply have papered over the cracks in SD's words. The philosophy on the football side is not a great deal different from the previous owner, granted its a lot safer financially.

If they are trying to cash in their chips and it is actually a less altruistic act than the majority may have wanted and it gets us to something with ambition in cleverness, then I couldn't be happier.

All entirely hypothetical mind and we could end up with some crazy chap who either fires folk on the regular or chucks good money after bad. I'm just being optimistic that the inclusion of John Park signifies clever planning and an intention to succeed through excellent, detailed thought.

All the Celtic fans (and press) want John Park to go back there and call him a superscout. Seems to good to be true like - we had a super scout under Di Canio didnt we who lasted less than a year

We had the most well thought of scouting system in our history, people with a wealth of experience of signing unknown players for little money. We gave them the remit of 1 window to change a club's first team whilst cutting wages and the set up is regarded as comical by the majority. In my opinion, it was the closest we ever got to being a forward-thinking, successful football club only to bin it off after 6 months due to our inadequacies of understanding what the strategy and set up was.

Villa recruitment was a shambles under Coton and the same is happening here unfortunately.

Need to get shot and put a proper strategy in place.

More clueless than Congerton and that is saying something.
Feckin U. S.

We had the most well thought of scouting system in our history, people with a wealth of experience of signing unknown players for little money. We gave them the remit of 1 window to change a club's first team whilst cutting wages and the set up is regarded as comical by the majority. In my opinion, it was the closest we ever got to being a forward-thinking, successful football club only to bin it off after 6 months due to our inadequacies of understanding what the strategy and set up was.

You surely don't mean the De Fanti episode??
That crock of shite set us back big time.
Moberg Karlson, Diakite , Roberge, Cabral, Celutska etc etc total f***ing shite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back