Excel help.....

archiesdad

Midfield
Oh wise ones I need some help.

I want to create a macro 'button' on a spread sheet so when you 'press' it it will turn whichever cell you have highlighted (maybe I mean the cell the curser is on) on that spread sheet a different colour ? I've nee idea if that makes any sense but I hope it does to someone :)

ps - I am a technophobe..... please be gentle.

Try this:

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
With Target
.Worksheet.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add xlExpression, , "TRUE"
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.Color = vbYellow
End With
End Sub

I want to create a macro 'button' on a spread sheet so when you 'press' it it will turn whichever cell you have highlighted (maybe I mean the cell the curser is on) on that spread sheet a different colour ? I've nee idea if that makes any sense but I hope it does to someone :)

Maybe I am missing the obvious here. Excel has a button in the ribbon to change cell colour. Highlight the cell(s). Press the button.

Logon or register to see this image

^that one is for text, the cell colour version is exactly the same and is positioned next to it.

Shirley the curser will be on the button when you click it?

Back