Excel help

dafunk2

Winger
This is probably really simple...but I'm needing to calculate how much Person A and Person B would pay towards bills when they earn different amounts. So for example Person A earns 10% more than Person B...what formula would I put in Excel to work out who pays what from joint bills total?

This is probably really simple...but I'm needing to calculate how much Person A and Person B would pay towards bills when they earn different amounts. So for example Person A earns 10% more than Person B...what formula would I put in Excel to work out who pays what from joint bills total?
Why should it be a percentage of what they earn? Why can't they pay the same amount?

Put the total amount you want to pay in cell A1

in cell A2 type "=A1/2" without the quotations

Stop being so tight.

Why should it be a percentage of what they earn? Why can't they pay the same amount?

The 10% was just a figure for the example...but in the case that one person earns significantly more than the other then I only think it's fair that a split of outgoings reflects that

She's married a goodun here. Not only tight, shite with Excel

Haha!! It's in her favour!!

Put in Salary A.
Put in Salary B.
Sum the salaries.
Divide Salary A by the sum of the salaries to get the percentage of each bill to be paid by person A as a decimal relating to 1 (0.66 for 66% for example)
Enter the bill amounts.
Multiply each bill amount by the percentage for person A. That is what they pay. Minus this off the bill amount and you get what person B pays.

The 10% was just a figure for the example...but in the case that one person earns significantly more than the other then I only think it's fair that a split of outgoings reflects that

Why does she use less gas than you? have her side of the room heated less than you? have less space than you in the house? eat less food than you?

Tell her to pay her way or smash her back doors in and shit in her knicker drawer

Hmmmmm, fair enough. Probably don't need to go into the nitty gritty as per @errant's post. Both put the same percentage in, whatever's left hoy it into savings or a kitty for gannin' out.

Salary A in cell A1
Salary B in cell A2
Bill amounts in cell A3

Person A pays =(A1/(A1+A2))*A3
Person B pays = (A2/(A1+A2))*A3
It's a bit too complicated that way. For this simple worded formula below, person A is the male and person B is the female.

'Person A has to pay all their wages they can't hide from person b minus any costs involved in present purchases in the hope of getting any sexual favours'

Very simple formula and you'll know it works as the answer should be 'basically next to fuck all left for person A while person B gets the money to buy summit new for a night out with the lasses'

Last edited by a moderator:
divide her salary, by your salary - multiply by the bill total and you get the proportion of the bill she pays... you pay the rest...

Last edited:

Back