Evolution

Humans would have died out at the same time as the dinosaurs (I know birds are basically dinosaurs).There were plenty of mammals around at the same time as dinosaurs but when that massive meteorite hit the earth every species of mammal larger than a rat eventually died. Unless we were the size of Borrowers we'd also have died out.

Humans would have died out at the same time as the dinosaurs (I know birds are basically dinosaurs).There were plenty of mammals around at the same time as dinosaurs but when that massive meteorite hit the earth every species of mammal larger than a rat eventually died. Unless we were the size of Borrowers we'd also have died out.
How cool would that have been! Like a real life but more scary Jurassic Park

Bet God is impressed with the way life evolved after he was just pissing about and make a git big explosion.

Impossible but not for the obvious reason people give that it was a Big Bang as explained by science.

We have to accept that everything necessary for reality is contained within reality.

If something necessary for reality was not contained within reality, then reality would collapse.

There can be no force or power outside of reality and if there was such a power anyway, it would be contained within reality.

Therefore it is impossible for there to be an external power to reality that created reality.

You don't need science to disprove a Creator God external to reality, just some simple logic.

The Big Bang from Nothing is a pile of shite as well....

Last edited:
Impossible but not for the obvious reason people give that it was a Big Bang as explained by science.

We have to accept that everything necessary for reality is contained within reality.

If something necessary for reality was not contained within reality, then reality would collapse.

There can be no force or power outside of reality and if there was such a power anyway, it would be contained within reality.

Therefore it is impossible for there to be an external power to reality that created reality.

You don't need science to disprove a Creator God external to reality, just some simple logic.

The Big Bang from Nothing is a pile of shite as well....
Simple logic :lol: :lol:

Really? What do you reckon?
Well obviously I hope I’m wrong but....

Humans have been around for a blink of an eye in terms of life on the planet. Taking that timespan of human history and stretching it out, the Indistrial and Nuclear Ages in which we live now is also a tiny fraction.

As a species we have an utterly appalling record of killing each other, wiping out wildlife and destroying habitats. I can’t see any signs that this is going to get any better any time soon. Sure there are hose that care but they don’t tend to become country or world leaders. Short/term profit trumps (no pun intended) everything and once in power governments are too scared to push through actions that will become unpopular and lose votes, despite how important they are for the planet.

we have several major threats and no solutions currently; nuclear weapons on hair triggers and ageing software:hardware, religious nutcases in power in The Middle East looking to build nukes, antibiotic resistance, over population, pollution, lack of fresh water, climate change, destruction of flora and fauna, ambitious aggression from China and Russia, not enough viable options to replace the diminishing fossil fuel resources upon which we rely totally for so many purposes. I have probably missed a few.

maybe I’m wrong but our track record is dire and I can’t see this Being a very happy world within 100 years. I think from a combination of the items above and probably more I don’t rate our prospects cry a as a species of 7billion+ very highly. I accept I am in the minority with that view though.

Well obviously I hope I’m wrong but....

Humans have been around for a blink of an eye in terms of life on the planet. Taking that timespan of human history and stretching it out, the Indistrial and Nuclear Ages in which we live now is also a tiny fraction.

As a species we have an utterly appalling record of killing each other, wiping out wildlife and destroying habitats. I can’t see any signs that this is going to get any better any time soon. Sure there are hose that care but they don’t tend to become country or world leaders. Short/term profit trumps (no pun intended) everything and once in power governments are too scared to push through actions that will become unpopular and lose votes, despite how important they are for the planet.

we have several major threats and no solutions currently; nuclear weapons on hair triggers and ageing software:hardware, religious nutcases in power in The Middle East looking to build nukes, antibiotic resistance, over population, pollution, lack of fresh water, climate change, destruction of flora and fauna, ambitious aggression from China and Russia, not enough viable options to replace the diminishing fossil fuel resources upon which we rely totally for so many purposes. I have probably missed a few.

maybe I’m wrong but our track record is dire and I can’t see this Being a very happy world within 100 years. I think from a combination of the items above and probably more I don’t rate our prospects cry a as a species of 7billion+ very highly. I accept I am in the minority with that view though.
Cheer up mate ,it'll be reet 😉

I think it's pretty in your face that we evolve to fit the environment and the gained experience/intelligence that also effects it.
Many species are capable of changing the set up of their species but it seems to take the strays to forage and mate with whatever they come across...some of which will be compatible in terms of being impregnated.

Look at the different shapes and sizes of dogs, today.
Look at the way we mate different animals to get different versions of them, such as a liger, etc.

All animals die en masse in order for the few to fit the environment...and then most, thrive. They fit it by evolving over time. IMO.

I’d like to think so - look at people who have faith, it’s an powerful feeling but not always applied to the benefit of mankind
See, I feel differently. Would I want to meet something that has, seemingly without caring, caused so much suffering to so many? No.

Would I want to join a party where you could never leave? No

Would I want to live in a world where I have convinced myself the eye in the sky is always watching, judging and checking on what I do and what I think? And punishment awaits if he isn’t worshipped? No.

I much prefer the rational, non-deluded approach but I appreciate that it isn’t for everybody.

See, I feel differently. Would I want to meet something that has, seemingly without caring, caused so much suffering to so many? No.

Would I want to join a party where you could never leave? No

Would I want to live in a world where I have convinced myself the eye in the sky is always watching, judging and checking on what I do and what I think? And punishment awaits if he isn’t worshipped? No.

I much prefer the rational, non-deluded approach but I appreciate that it isn’t for everybody.

WORSHIP ME OR BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!

"The Lord" sounds like a proper Kim Jong Il / Saddam Hussein / Adolf Hitler type.

Why anyone would willingly choose to dedicate their lives to worshipping such a narcissistic, egotistical, murderous psychopath is beyond me.

Surely we have much better role models in modern literary fiction?

Like Gandalf! We should all start worshipping Gandalf!

Last edited:
WORSHIP ME OR BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!

"The Lord" sounds like a proper Kim Jong Il / Saddam Hussein / Adolf Hitler type.

Why anyone would willingly choose to dedicate their lives to worshipping such a narcissistic, egotistical, murderous psychopath is beyond me.

Surely we have much better role models in modern literary fiction?

Like Gandalf! We should all start worshipping Gandalf!
I’d admire characters like Gandalf, Dumbledore, Superman and, possibly from what I have read, even Jesus of Nazareth.

But worship..... nah. I don’t worship anybody or anything.

We have evolved to become our own gods. The church has been usurped by the shopping centre and we no longer need to feel uncomfortable in our own bodies - we can change that to a body of our own personal design.

But we're still not happy. Seems that being a god isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Lawrence Krauss wrote a book (that is even longer than one of your posts) on this very subject. :)
The message of the. book is that it isn't bollocks.

Absolute Nothing would have absolutely no Potential.

The "Nothing" that was pre Big Bang must have had Potential so could not have been Absolute Nothing.

As this "Nothing" was undefined, had no limitations, no laws of physics it must have had unbounded Potential or infinite potentialities.

By the moment of the Big Bang these infinite potentialities must have collapsed leaving the one we came to call reality.

This suggests a quantum field prior to the Big Bang and due to wave function collapse a single potentiality resulted.

Therefore it is bollocks to infer the Big Bang came from Absolute Nothing.

All that can be said is that the universe self-actualised.

Absolute Nothing would have absolutely no Potential.

The "Nothing" that was pre Big Bang must have had Potential so could not have been Absolute Nothing.

As this "Nothing" was undefined, had no limitations, no laws of physics it must have had unbounded Potential or infinite potentialities.

By the moment of the Big Bang these infinite potentialities must have collapsed leaving the one we came to call reality.

This suggests a quantum field prior to the Big Bang and due to wave function collapse a single potentiality resulted.

Therefore it is bollocks to infer the Big Bang came from Absolute Nothing.

All that can be said is that the universe self-actualised.
That’s all well and good but I’m assuming you’re not a top astrophysicist. Lawrence Krauss is and it’s a well-written book.

That’s all well and good but I’m assuming you’re not a top astrophysicist. Lawrence Krauss is and it’s a well-written book.

You've probably not noticed but I actually respect a great deal of what you post so I am sure it is a well written book.

However, simple logic cannot be ignored and Absolute Nothing would have absolutely no potential. So it is undeniable that whatever this "Nothing" was, it had potential for the universe to emerge so cannot have been Absolute Nothing. Does Krauss actually disagree with that?

The issue that arises is that before light had travelled one planck unit of length in the first planck unit of time, then cause and effect had not been separated by the arrow of time. This implies there must have been teleological feedback between effect and cause. Information must have been passed backwards faster than the speed of light which confirmed the laws of physics that had emerged were stable otherwise the universe would have collapsed.

This would indicate the universe was inherently teleological regarding information, and if that is the case then we as part of the universe may have experienced evolution that had a teleological aspect. That the environment shaped our genetics in addition to random mutations occurring that were beneficial for survival.

Last edited:

Back