Evolution

dangermows

Striker
If things had happened differently, and somehow early humans had been came about the same time as dinosaurs, would our intelligence have meant that we still conquered or would we have been flattened?

I reckon we'd have been favourites. Making weapons and using group tactics to get the better of them.
Possible but it would all be down to numbers.
If we've only just evolved into humans then what we evolved from, survived the dino's, so it's a case of whether we evolved to be immediately intelligent enough to make weapons or agile and strong enough to still outwit them to simply stay alive like those we evolved from.

A conundrum.
I’ve seen a programme about this. Clearly the humans are on top

Dino was a canny lad though and also an actor.

Last edited:
Possible but it would all be down to numbers.
If we've only just evolved into humans then what we evolved from, survived the dino's, so it's a case of whether we evolved to be immediately intelligent enough to make weapons or agile and strong enough to still outwit them to simply stay alive like those we evolved from.

A conundrum.

Good post. If the science is correct, depends how quick we pouched loads of fish. Were fish around with the dinosaurs? As in fish we could easily eat, rather than monster fish.
Dino was a canny lad though and also an actor.

Chances are he'd have been an insider and infiltrated them.

Good post. If the science is correct, depends how quick we pouched loads of fish. Were fish around with the dinosaurs? As in fish we could easily eat, rather than monster fish.
It's a possibility that all kinds of fish were about. I mean, many beach themselves, even today. Are they evolving rather than simply just beaching for no reason?

If you keep throwing yourself onto the beach and stay alive long enough to get washed back out in the next tide and then have offspring...that offspring will have a better land strength and potentially be able to withstand more and more out of water survival traits....until they learn to live on land and in the sea, like a seal or whatever....until the evolution carries on to where we are now, where we actually become the stagnators of evolution or maybe the alteration of it and making ourselves the creators.

Maybe.
Chances are he'd have been an insider and infiltrated them.
It's possible but if you watch all the shows you can clearly see he's such a canny lad and, although a bit over excitable, his dino hearts in the right place.
Bam Bam on the other hand. I think there's something sinister about that little b'stard. ;)

Last edited:
It's a possibility that all kinds of fish were about. I mean, many beach themselves, even today. Are they evolving rather than simply just beaching for no reason?

If you keep throwing yourself onto the beach and stay alive long enough to get washed back out in the next tide and then have offspring...that offspring will have a better land strength and potentially be able to withstand more and more out of water survival traits....until they learn to live on land and in the sea, like a seal or whatever....until the evolution carries on to where we are now, where we actually become the stagnators of evolution or maybe the alteration of it and making ourselves the creators.

Ignoring the somewhat fast and loose explanation of how natural selection occurs, what was way more important for our ancestors was whatever allowed survival of the extinction event(s) which put paid to the majority of dinosaurs.

Ignoring the somewhat fast and loose explanation of how natural selection occurs, what was way more important for our ancestors was whatever allowed survival of the extinction event(s) which put paid to the majority of dinosaurs.
Assuming the dinosaur stuff is wholly true I'd say they put paid to themselves.

Assuming the dinosaur stuff is wholly true I'd say they put paid to themselves.

More weight is being added to the theory they didn't die out, they just evolved to be smaller as food sources were getting less to eat, so got smaller and started hiding in holes. So eventually only small dinosaurs could get them. Then they all turned into Ostriches.

More weight is being added to the theory they didn't die out, they just evolved to be smaller as food sources were getting less to eat, so got smaller and started hiding in holes. So eventually only small dinosaurs could get them. Then they all turned into Ostriches.
I actually think humans went smaller, so maybe dinosaurs followed suit due to the change in atmospheric pressure, climate.

Back