Evolution suggests God does exist

What an enormous load of shit.

His argument is essentially that conciousness exists and has meant great advances for humanity (fine) and becuase conciousness cannot be scientifically proven it must be god who has led us down this path (immediate red flag).

This is the kind of nonsense reasoning we had in the pre-medievil ages; science can't explain it so it must be god.

Additionally your quote is from the author of the article and actually starts with "For my part", so that in itself is incredibly misleading. He's provided practically no evidence to support it.
^^^ this, anyone who says I don't understand therefore God needs to be filed with the other religious nuts.

Fair enough. However, there is no evidence whatsoever that the multiverse theory explains our current universe. The theory is simply a fudge to explain away statistical improbabilities.

As far as I'm aware, no serious scientist is claiming that the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics (to which I presume you're referring) is a fact. It's just one interpretation of the maths among a number of other rival explanations. Science tends to be very careful about what is claimed to be indisputable fact.

As far as I'm aware, no serious scientist is claiming that the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics (to which I presume you're referring) is a fact. It's just one interpretation of the maths among a number of other rival explanations. Science tends to be very careful about what is claimed to be indisputable fact.
I once came up with what I feel is a very plausible theory where you put a bell curve in the gravitational constant, but I can only remember it when I'm pissed. Called it the Space Nipple Theorem.

'God' (Myth) + Fear (of Hell) = Control of the Masses

I would say:

Fear (of Hell or no life after death at all) + Lies (God, forgiveness, an afterlife, and having existential certainty) = Control of the Masses

You can then apply it to other things...

Fear (of foreigners stealing your job) + Lies (leaving the EU will stop this happening) = Control of the Masses (just over half the voters vote Leave even though 99% of them will be worse off for it)

I would say:

Fear (of Hell or no life after death at all) + Lies (God, forgiveness, an afterlife, and having existential certainty) = Control of the Masses

This all day and it is particularly wicked when applied to children, who by their very nature are open to persuasion from adults.

But then, what do I know? I get called weird on here when I suggest adults shouldn’t physically assault children.

No. Theory is a very specific term and does not mean what the general public tend to think it does. Which appears to be something between hypothesis and baseless speculation.

A theory is an empirically confirmed explanation or set of explanations for a natural phenomenon.

It's not really down to the individual whether they believe it or not unless they have some evidence which challenges it and forces people to rethink.
The solidness of theory(rather than a good guess) was mentioned a while back on here ,literally days later some big discovery was on radio 4 and a scientist said they had to throw away the previous theory .So its theory until it isn't I suppose

People who believe in god are as deluded as flat as earthers.
For 90% of them its just a way of life (here anyway) ,a moral code,a belief .Fine by me

Last edited:
For 90% of them its just a way of life (here anyway) ,a moral code,a belief .Fine by me

That it may be but they’re still deluded and when they preach cockwomble to children, especially when they enhance their motives with threats of Hell etc, it is just wrong.

Also, this way of life has hazy edges. Should anybody be allowed to mutilate a male child of Jewish parents just because of these deluded beliefs? No, of course not... but it happens and it is trivialised as a way of life.

Should religious leaders be appointed to our House of Lords where they have some constitutional power without election only because they are are leading happy clappers? No, of course not but it happens.

Should The Church be allowed to horde huge assets and amounts of land and real estate while we have homeless people and hungry children in this country? No, of course not but it goes on and people actually hand over their hard-earned after they finish worshipping their make-believe god each Sunday.

It’s just absolutely mad yet people wave their hand and say “oh it’s just a way of life.” :)

Honest to God. It is no credit to religion that some of us are so heavenly minded as to be of no earthly use. Religion, I was a choirboy when young. The girls were tasty and that kept me going a bit longer. Still love the music, never got religion. I mean, I had nowt, nil, nix nothing. Every week we would sing the Magnificat, “He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exhaulted the humble and meek. No he hasn’t. “He hath filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he hath sent empty away.” Dear me, do they have food banks in heaven? No I do not believe articles about religion, especially from the US of A.

That it may be but they’re still deluded and when they preach cockwomble to children, especially when they enhance their motives with threats of Hell etc, it is just wrong.

Also, this way of life has hazy edges. Should anybody be allowed to mutilate a male child of Jewish parents just because of these deluded beliefs? No, of course not... but it happens and it is trivialised as a way of life.

Should religious leaders be appointed to our House of Lords where they have some constitutional power without election only because they are are leading happy clappers? No, of course not but it happens.

Should The Church be allowed to horde huge assets and amounts of land and real estate while we have homeless people and hungry children in this country? No, of course not but it goes on and people actually hand over their hard-earned after they finish worshipping their make-believe god each Sunday.

It’s just absolutely mad yet people wave their hand and say “oh it’s just a way of life.” :)
And that’s what it’s all about. Encouraging the rich to buy their way into heaven, the times I seen that. Then they vote for Boris.

Last edited:

But 90% don't .The kids stuff is harmless unless you can prove otherwise.Your cat goes to heaven and your Nana etc ,like the tooth fairy and Christmas , Night and god bless . Just forklore

But 90% don't .The kids stuff is harmless unless you can prove otherwise.Your cat goes to heaven and your Nana etc ,like the tooth fairy and Christmas , Night and god bless . Just forklore
Allu akbar

The solidness of theory(rather than a good guess) was mentioned a while back on here ,literally days later some big discovery was on radio 4 and a scientist said they had to throw away the previous theory .So its theory until it isn't I suppose

People are apt to hyperbole in big press releases. Once things are down to a simmer it turns our you're really modifying an explanation.

Back