Evolution suggests God does exist

What an enormous load of shit.

His argument is essentially that conciousness exists and has meant great advances for humanity (fine) and becuase conciousness cannot be scientifically proven it must be god who has led us down this path (immediate red flag).

This is the kind of nonsense reasoning we had in the pre-medievil ages; science can't explain it so it must be god.

Additionally your quote is from the author of the article and actually starts with "For my part", so that in itself is incredibly misleading. He's provided practically no evidence to support it.

Last edited:
.....the most recent developments in evolutionary biology have increased the probability of a god.

Arguments why God (very probably) exists

:cool:

That article is utter shite from beginning to end. It reads like it's been written by a 17-year-old from a church youth group that has little or no understanding of any of the topics he's writing about and his conclusions are riddled with logic fallacies.

Clearly some God Squad bloke clutching at straws.

The article is a bit of a mix. It is an interesting point about the laws and language of mathematics being at a higher level than words and narratives. The language of mathematics is very precise but we need to translate that into a language of words for most of us to gain any understanding. Is it possible that there is an even higher level of language than mathematics that we struggle to grasp? Such a language would constitute the fundamental laws and workings of the universe. Is it possible that the universe is inherently cognitive at a fundamental level although that would be different to most people's concept of what constitutes a god. In such an analogy the universe would be equivalent to the mind of god.

However, the article then jumps to conclusions without a deeper explanation.

Religion in a nutshell.

Instead of saying we don't know... Religion says we make stuff up.

I agree but we must be aware that science can do the same. For example the multiverse theory.

Aye, it all started from nothing, apparently.

Rather a "nothing" that had infinite potentialities so was not really "nothing". Or perhaps unbounded potentialities.

Last edited:
The article is a bit of a mix. It is an interesting point about the laws and language of mathematics being at a higher level than words and narratives. The language of mathematics is very precise but we need to translate that into a language of words for most of us to gain any understanding. Is it possible that there is an even higher level of language than mathematics that we struggle to grasp? Such a language would constitute the fundamental laws and workings of the universe. Is it possible that the universe is inherently cognitive at a fundamental level although that would be different to most people's concept of what constitutes a god. In such an analogy the universe would be equivalent to the mind of god.

However, the article then jumps to conclusions without a deeper explanation.
I've thought this for a while myself, well put. :lol:
I tend to believe that everything has a certain beat to it, some are more in tune with that beat than others. Like your brain subconsciously does thousands of advanced calculations a second when you go to catch a ball.
Similarly, some people (people who maybe come across as empathic, olde world witches) may just have a deeper subconscious understanding of the mathematics of the universe and I do tend to believe that at some point, anything and everything can be boiled down to an equation.
I think "God" is a term used like "magic" was used in place of "science". A lack of understanding, and a lack of linguistic descriptors.

Back