Everyone active gyms

Thinking about signing up to and Everyone Active Gym (Hetton being my closest). It's £25 a month or £250 a year including swimming so a price I am happy with (I'm sure it was alot more pre-pandemic?). Anyway I know Hetton is a small gym but I am just trying to drop a few excess stone so don't need anything flash. What is it like at the minute in these gyms. I assume I have to pre-book sessions online but am I likely to struggle to get sesssions at the time I want? It is the only gym within a short walking distance of my house so don't have many other options.

Thinking about signing up to and Everyone Active Gym (Hetton being my closest). It's £25 a month or £250 a year including swimming so a price I am happy with (I'm sure it was alot more pre-pandemic?). Anyway I know Hetton is a small gym but I am just trying to drop a few excess stone so don't need anything flash. What is it like at the minute in these gyms. I assume I have to pre-book sessions online but am I likely to struggle to get sesssions at the time I want? It is the only gym within a short walking distance of my house so don't have many other options.
I go there and it depends what you want to do,

If you want to do weights don't bother signing up. one dedicated weights bench between the whole of hetton. The assisted weight machines are few and far between so its difficult to work a specific muscle group well, unless you free weight it, and you are back to the only one bench issue.

I have been leaving it until 8 till 9 to go and i still cant get on the bench.

If you are going for the treadmills and exercise bikes then its a clean decent gym and the price you pay for that, swim and hopefully classes you cant grumble too much.

I think the prices have come down. I wont be renewing my membership, i will buy myself a weight bench and some weights with the money i will save.

Top tip of the day: if there is a discount running for x amount of months you can pay annually and that discount month is multiplied by 12 so you get the whole year at that price. at least that is what happened with me.

If you want to do weights don't bother signing up. one dedicated weights bench between the whole of hetton. The assisted weight machines are few and far between so its difficult to work a specific muscle group well, unless you free weight it, and you are back to the only one bench issue.

If you are going for the treadmills and exercise bikes then its a clean decent gym and the price you pay for that, swim and hopefully classes you cant grumble too much.

I think the prices have come down. I wont be renewing my membership, i will buy myself a weight bench and some weights with the money i will save.

Top tip of the day: if there is a discount running for x amount of months you can pay annually and that discount month is multiplied by 12 so you get the whole year at that price. at least that is what happened with me.
This was the exact problem I had and subsequently left because of. Went to Houghton, two benches, one cable area. Was crap for the cost. Cardio was good mind but as you say, weights was pointless. I’d end up doing a bit of chest with a bit of legs.

It would be mainly Cardio machines I want mate. I struggle to run in the heat so just sack it off all the time. Current annual price is £250 so you save £50 compared to paying monthly over the year. It's crackers that there are no other gyms around until Houghton town centre as far as I know?

Swimming included will be canny as I'll take the bairns quite regularly if/when the restrictions are lifted.

It would be mainly Cardio machines I want mate. I struggle to run in the heat so just sack it off all the time. Current annual price is £250 so you save £50 compared to paying monthly over the year. It's crackers that there are no other gyms around until Houghton town centre as far as I know?

Swimming included will be canny as I'll take the bairns quite regularly if/when the restrictions are lifted.

If that's what you want, its a fair price and the gym is well staffed and clean. You can always get one some form of cardio machine and if you are an ok swimmer, its easy to get booked in on the fast lanes.

not sure about the childrens pool. seemed a decent enough pool the one time i took the bairn but i think he was too young and it spooked him a bit and he wont go back.
This was the exact problem I had and subsequently left because of. Went to Houghton, two benches, one cable area. Was crap for the cost. Cardio was good mind but as you say, weights was pointless. I’d end up doing a bit of chest with a bit of legs.

I'm exactly the same. The thing is, it would only take a small tweak to make it for everyone. you have the nice airy room with all the windows, just get all the cardio stuff in there and let people have a nice view while they run etc.

then buy a few weight benches, put them in the room with no windows together with some of the other weight machines and put a few mirrors up so people can watch their technique etc and it would work for everyone. instead you have two rooms of cardio machines (with about 50% occupancy) and 1 bench, its silly, especially when the main weight lifting gym in hetton has moved closer to Durham.

Last edited:
was a cracking deal a couple month back £20pm or £200 annual
Can't be robbed. Just tried to sign up and it won't accept my log in details. Will try again tomorrow and give them a ring if it won't work.
If that's what you want, its a fair price and the gym is well staffed and clean. You can always get one some form of cardio machine and if you are an ok swimmer, its easy to get booked in on the fast lanes.

not sure about the childrens pool. seemed a decent enough pool the one time i took the bairn but i think he was too young and it spooked him a bit and he wont go back.

I'm exactly the same. The thing is, it would only take a small tweak to make it for everyone. you have the nice airy room with all the windows, just get all the cardio stuff in there and let people have a nice view while they run etc.

then buy a few weight benches, put them in the room with no windows together with some of the other weight machines and put a few mirrors up so people can watch their technique etc and it would work for everyone. instead you have two rooms of cardio machines (with about 50% occupancy) and 1 bench, its silly, especially when the main weight lifting gym in hetton has moved closer to Durham.

I have managed to sign up now and booked my first session for tomorrow. Whats the crack when I get there? Do I need to sign in at reception or just go straight into the gym? Whats the crack with the dry changing rooms? Are they open?

Last edited:
Can't be robbed. Just tried to sign up and it won't accept my log in details. Will try again tomorrow and give them a ring if it won't work.

I have managed to sign up now and booked my first session for tomorrow. Whats the crack when I get there? Do I need to sign in at reception or just go straight into the gym? Whats the crack with the dry changing rooms? Are they open?

I haven't been swimming yet. Always at work at the minute so just been occasionally going to the last gym slot. I think people are still using the changing rooms, would be unreasonable to send people how wet especially when it's cold.

For the gym, they seem more concerned with the track and trace and you just scan in at the same place they scan your card, if they scan your card. At first they did both religiously.

Enjoy

At this present time its really tough to get in for a leisure swim. You need to know exactly when the slots become available as they are snapped up within 30 minutes

Aye I had a look and there are waiting lists all week. Hopefully that will be back to normal soon.

I see what you mean about the gym layout. That smaller room would be better as a free weights room and the other room as the cardio room.

Last edited:
If you can travel Washington is spot on
Decent size gym, pool and separate rooms for classes can’t fault it
Just a shame sauna n steam room shut for covid reasons

If you can travel Washington is spot on
Decent size gym, pool and separate rooms for classes can’t fault it
Just a shame sauna n steam room shut for covid reasons
I don't drive so I'm stuck with the Hetton one. It's fine for my needs like. Will use the pool regularly once it is allowed full capacity again as well.

Swimming Great exercise tough at first but been going for a while now and really feel better for it plus no wear and tear on your joints
Just built up distance over time and technique is now much better

Back