Everest Ant Middleton

We didn't find out how far the bloke was planning on going, he could have been going to one of the camps just to say he'd been to everest, might have saved for a once in a lifetime trip to experience everest then some self-righteous tit tells him he shouldn't be there just because he's got less ability and is holding him up a bit.
Comes across as the type of bloke who tears along the road works then expects someone to let him in when he runs out of road.
In his Audi!
Oh and i was in the SAS back in the day....... (seahouses air scouts)

Last edited by a moderator:

Asked for it off Santa

It really is good like. I got it for my birthday, don’t do a lot of reading, but I read it in a couple of days. Made me change a few things about myself and it’s had a positive effect.

I also work with someone who used to serve with him, and my colleague says he’s a really genuine bloke. Not the type to make things up by all accounts.

Ben Fogle reached the summit back in the spring. I think Victoria Pendleton was in the team but she had to turn back from camp 4. Anyone know if that was filmed for TV? I like Fogle seems like a canny fella. Watched that Everest movie recently, that's a great film if anyone's not seen it.
Yes it was filmed, I've watched it, love owt to do with Everest, no idea what the program was called mind!

It really is good like. I got it for my birthday, don’t do a lot of reading, but I read it in a couple of days. Made me change a few things about myself and it’s had a positive effect.

I also work with someone who used to serve with him, and my colleague says he’s a really genuine bloke. Not the type to make things up by all accounts.

Same here. I like his mirror thing of saying what he isn't happy about himself and changing it.

Gonna give foxys book a go too

Thought it was a canny watch. I do wonder about how much of it is exaggerated or dramatised but I imagine it's nee picnic climbing Everest so can't knock him really.
Glad the cameraman got a fair few mentions as I always wonder in these shows about who is holding the camera. There's always some bloke doing an amazing feat but nobody ever mentions the fella doing the same feat whilst carrying a camera.:lol:

Thought it was a canny watch. I do wonder about how much of it is exaggerated or dramatised but I imagine it's nee picnic climbing Everest so can't knock him really.
Glad the cameraman got a fair few mentions as I always wonder in these shows about who is holding the camera. There's always some bloke doing an amazing feat but nobody ever mentions the fella doing the same feat whilst carrying a camera.:lol:
Walking across that ladder on the way back down looked f***ing scary.

Is his Dad dead? don't know if he mentioned it or not !

Then he starts snivelling that he risked his life and may not have seen his children again.
i don't recall seeing anyone with a gun to his head forcing him to climb Everest.

Self obsessed , highly opinionated prick if you ask me.

John Noakes climbing Nelson's Column springs to mind.

You called him an impressive bloke iirc.

You definitely want him to buck you arl owa.
I find all armed forces personal impressive, men and women, who wouldn’t? Are you not impressed by someone putting their life on the line to protect this country?

It doesn’t mean I want to stand at a rememberence day parade and fuck all forces people past and present!

Back