Everest Ant Middleton

Cracking film making. When he told that fella to his face he shouldn't be on the mountain.

His f***ing eyes when he got back were fucked.

See, I found that part quite arrogant.

He didn't know his climbing experience, his health or anything yet still thought he had the right to say something. He was probably right but he should never assume that someone is not capable of the attempt.

He didn't know his climbing experience, his health or anything yet still thought he had the right to say something. He was probably right but he should never assume that someone is not capable of the attempt.
You did see the bloke struggle getting up that very first climb didn’t you? It was pretty obvious that he wasn’t experienced enough to attempt it to the top. It’s a life or death climb, not a walk in the park.

As experienced at the top trying to get down, anyone not good enough could easily hold up the rest and potentially cause deaths. He had every right to tell him to his face when lives are at risk.

Quite enjoyed it. Will have to see if I can find alone in the wild online.
It's good but I don't think he got any of the drama he was hoping for out it.
Whereas this time was drama city, there seemed to be holes in the time line probably when he dropped his camera down a crevasse. Missed the descent due to the remaining camera packing up anarl
Still good though

Yeah but that's his Special Forces background kicking in. He does have an arrogant streak but I think he was pissed off that he might get stuck behind someone who was a poor climber
Most of the people that attempt it these days are inexperienced and are paying customers

Last edited:
Good program but the bloke is a prick. Agree inexperienced climbers shouldn't really be on everest but he seemed to think he had some sort of right to have the mountain to himself.
Not sure he came across like that at all, when it’s life or death, things need to be said, and if there’s any weak link on that mountain it could cost lives, he needed to be told...the fact he couldn’t get up a simple glacier should’ve been setting off alarm bells for everyone.

My mate is an ex-forces, qualified mountain guide and he hates him. :lol:
Easy to be jealous of success.

Last edited:
Need to catch up on it. Looks good.

I've always thought Ant was alright when I've met him, but then I've never been in the forces with him or worked closely with him.

I quite enjoyed it.

I like the fact he said it to the blokes face that he wasnt good enough. Better than bitching behind his back. I would imagine his forces career was about being surrounded by people you could rely on to save your life and not put themselves or others in danger and the inexperienced climber would have done that. Tell him what you think and get on with it

You did see the bloke struggle getting up that very first climb didn’t you? It was pretty obvious that he wasn’t experienced enough to attempt it to the top. It’s a life or death climb, not a walk in the park.

As experienced at the top trying to get down, anyone not good enough could easily hold up the rest and potentially cause deaths. He had every right to tell him to his face when lives are at risk.

When he passed that mountain guide coming down because of the weather he laughed and thought fuck it, lets carry on regardless.

This guide obviously thought that his climbers were at risk so abandoned their attempt that day but no, Ant thought nothing of it and risked his own life and others just to be dramatic.

Yeh, it turned out ok and they made it through but he comes across as knob.

When he passed that mountain guide coming down because of the weather he laughed and thought fuck it, lets carry on regardless.

This guide obviously thought that his climbers were at risk so abandoned their attempt that day but no, Ant thought nothing of it and risked his own life and others just to be dramatic.

Yeh, it turned out ok and they made it through but he comes across as knob.
Did his guide say he shouldnt go?

Im guessing the other bloke must have had inexperienced climbers to turn back?

Back