Ever been offered a bribe at work?

I was offered 2 grand once. When I used to work in the loans call centre for Lloyds. A guy rang me up saying he wanted a loan to put on a stock he new was going to rocket within a week. I told him we couldn't give loans to purchase stocks and he said oh well I'll just ring back through. I explained I have to put a marker on his account now and anyone else will refuse him. He then said he would like to meet me in branch to discuss loan options which due to his account status he was allowed to. When I met him there he offered me 2 grand in cash to put the loan through. At the time I was skint constantly so I was so tempted to take it but instead I reported him and he got done for fraud (I can't remember the exact law he was done under). Luckily I did though, because at this point with all the PPI scandals they had started recording meetings with customers and randomly checking them just like calls. The call was randomly checked so it would've resulted in the subsequent meeting getting checked and me likely doing time had I not.

What a load of shite.

Asked for money by border guards going into Czechoslovakia or they'd hold us up indefinitely, paid up straight away,the bastards.

Worked on stacks nightclub in catterick (5 weeks it was a shithole)

Anyway on a Friday we used to say to all the young squaddies that it was full to the rafters and mostly due to a big hen party.
The place was never full ever.
Made a fortune.
Also the only place I got hit with a ladle in a fight.

Loved a quote by a crane bloke down London. I needed 3 aircon units lifting onto the roof of a well known landmark, asked if it was possible n his reply was “if you have the money, anythings possible!” :lol:

We had some integrity training today and were advised that “if someone offers you a cash bribe, politely refuse, but try and take a photograph of it as evidence”. :lol:

I can see most bribers being perfectly happy with this, especially in the middle of Kazakhstan or similar.

We had some integrity training today and were advised that “if someone offers you a cash bribe, politely refuse, but try and take a photograph of it as evidence”. :lol:

I can see most bribers being perfectly happy with this, especially in the middle of Kazakhstan or similar.

our colleague in Uzbekistan got offered 2 envelopes by a couple of barrel headed locals for a sub contract on an refinery project - one with cash - one with bullets in it. he declined both. He then got bullets in post. Contract offered to Turkish company, they weren't pleased.

Last edited:
I was once working as quality control on a huge site. £500,000,000 contract value. Got an assistant, a Bulgarian lad. After two months he asks if he's doing ok cos if he was could l include him in the backhanded. I explain to him that l don't take backhanders and the UK is relatively corruption free. He tells me l must be mad. Three weeks later the cash for questions and mp expenses scandal breaks. Boris came in next day and spent the whole day telling me that l must be the most naive bloke he's ever met.
:lol:

You only get integrity once.
That's a shame as you'd need a canny few integrities to pay for a house.

Last edited:
What I don’t get is that we aren’t allowed to accept a bean from anyone else, but we have tables at various dinners where our customers are wined and dined. What’s the difference?

Back