Eve Online

Twisted

Striker
So i thought i'd give it a blast. fuck me it's so boring, how do people enjoy this?

Remember when games made themselves enjoyable so you wanted to play them? These days it seems the main objective is to trap you in a monotonous grind towards some barely achievable goal that serves no purpose. Spend hours and hours floatin about mining or ferrying shit from place to place to earn some money so i can buy something to fill the void of boredom for a few minutes. Is it some kind of artistic metaphor for life, or is it just a shit boring game?

When you say 'these days', isn't EVE about 20 years old?

Grindy games have been around for ages. I don't mind them, although I've never played EVE like.

I mean like it's a bit like asking why do people enjoy Football Manager.
Both games are just 1 gigantic excel spreadsheet on steroids, yet FM players wear full suits for their in-game cup finals.

EVE's alright when you get yourself out there.

Last edited:
When you say 'these days', isn't EVE about 20 years old?

Grindy games have been around for ages. I don't mind them, although I've never played EVE like.

'These days' definitely includes the last twenty years..!
I mean like it's a bit like asking why do people enjoy Football Manager.
Both games are just 1 gigantic excel spreadsheet on steroids, yet FM players wear full suits for their in-game cup finals.

EVE's alright when you get yourself out there.

Dunno, there's an actually targets in footy management and things you want to achieve with your club/s.

Eve just seems like going to work, only in the form of a game. A game where your objective is doing something mundane and repetitive to earn enough money to do more repitive stuff in slightly flashier clothes.

Im aware its a bit of a rant it just seems alot more common in games than it used to be, incredibly successful time/money sinks with little in the way of value to input

Last edited:
Eve is a time waste but chasing can give you a buzz if you gang up chasing other gangs

Used to enjoy it when I was in a goon, couldn't be arsed now tbh.

One of those games where the game is shite but you can have a blast with the right group.

Back