***Eurovision song contest final 2015 thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd say it was. I didn't see/hear all of the songs mind. If you look at the respective "packages" they pissed on us.

Our was shocking like. TBH I think weve stopped trying and in many ways you cant blame us. Same goes for Ireland - they cant even make the final anymore and dont give us any points as they know its pointless to do so

Our was shocking like. TBH I think weve stopped trying and in many ways you cant blame us. Same goes for Ireland - they cant even make the final anymore and dont give us any points as they know its pointless to do so

What does that mean though, to stop trying? Surely we have enough native talent looking to make their way in the world. Does anyone know how we go about selecting our song? Do we ask Doris of 19 High View which one she prefers from a selection chosen by a panel of radio 1 DJ's?

We could put Elton John on the piano and a singing monkey and we'd still come near the bottom.

Bollocks. A monkey in a frock won last year.

What does that mean though, to stop trying? Surely we have enough native talent looking to make their way in the world. Does anyone know how we go about selecting our song? Do we ask Doris of 19 High View which one she prefers from a selection chosen by a panel of radio 1 DJ's?

Bollocks. A monkey in a frock won last year.

Itdoesnt seem to matter what we do though our result is always the same. Prior to this year the last 3 years weve had Bonnie Tyler, Englebert and Blue.
This year we had a group noone had heard of and a tune that noone would have predicted.

i've watched it for the last 4 years and it has to be the only market I've ever seen that you can gamble on (and my word you can bet on some random shit these days:eek:) that plays out EXACTLY as the book makers predict...

Last night positions 1-6 went exactly as the bookmakers predicted from as long ago as 4 months (Ie Favourite finished first, 2nd fav finished 2nd & so on)...

Now in a singing contest where the voting is only open for 15 minutes, 40 countries vote and award differing points to 10 different countries ranging from 1 pt to 12, tell me how the f•ck that is even remotely possible.

It is a complete fix. It has to be. Next year if there is a clear fav 3 months out (and there will be) im putting £200 on. :rolleyes:

i've watched it for the last 4 years and it has to be the only market I've ever seen that you can gamble on (and my word you can bet on some random shit these days:eek:) that plays out EXACTLY as the book makers predict...

Last night positions 1-6 went exactly as the bookmakers predicted from as long ago as 4 months (Ie Favourite finished first, 2nd fav finished 2nd & so on)...

Now in a singing contest where the voting is only open for 15 minutes, 40 countries vote and award differing points to 10 different countries ranging from 1 pt to 12, tell me how the f•ck that is even remotely possible.

It is a complete fix. It has to be. Next year if there is a clear fav 3 months out (and there will be) im putting £200 on. :rolleyes:
Eurovision punters are clever and gauge the reaction to the songs through countless sources all over Europe for months on end

Of course it's possible . It's a good market to back the fav, but Austria last year was mostly above 10/1

Sweden was mostly 2/1 despite being a class apart

i'd read somewhere that the cost of staging the event in your home country had many hoping they didnt win, ie. ireland... denmark won it two years back and i don't think they made the final this year? why we've got a pass to the final can only be down to TV audience figures...

Belgium top five
Serbia top ten

also had Estonia top five and Hungary top ten

i'd read somewhere that the cost of staging the event in your home country had many hoping they didnt win, ie. ireland... denmark won it two years back and i don't think they made the final this year? why we've got a pass to the final can only be down to TV audience figures...
We get in because we help find it. Also, read somewhere that it is taken more serious now because they actully make money by hosting it due to all the extra income from the week.

Probably still paying it off. Cost us a fortune and the budget just kept increasing.

Belgium top five
Serbia top ten

also had Estonia top five and Hungary top ten

We get in because we help find it. Also, read somewhere that it is taken more serious now because they actully make money by hosting it due to all the extra income from the week.

Was wondering about that last night. Does part of each text voting message go towards the cost ?

Don't know if anyone else thought the Swedish entry was familiar but listen to this and look at the words it will make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back