***Eurovision song contest final 2015 thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

a. what a surprise b. thankfully

Aye, we get to take the piss though don't we.

Our lack of success has seen us reduced to poking fun from the sidelines. Daft as the whole thing is it would be good to see us showing a little innovation and song writing ability. Sadly we end up revealing ourselves as a nation stuck in the past.

Our lack of success has seen us reduced to poking fun from the sidelines. Daft as the whole thing is it would be good to see us showing a little innovation and song writing ability. Sadly we end up revealing ourselves as a nation stuck in the past.
Get away man. The whole thing has nowt to do with song writing ability

We could turn the Beatles out and we'd be bottom

If was a true song writing ability as in music and lyrics and putting a talented singer/musician through it would be a competition worth its salt maybe; and we could even do well. But from where I stand it seems to be a completely rubbish competition where talent stands no chance but quirkiness/an everyday joe does.

If was a true song writing ability as in music and lyrics and putting a talented singer/musician through it would be a competition worth its salt maybe; and we could even do well. But from where I stand it seems to be a completely rubbish competition where talent stands no chance but quirkiness/an everyday joe does.

The viewing figures make it worth its salt in my view. Every little helps when it comes to selling the UK.

Nah I think the poking fun thing ended a few years ago when the rest of Europe twigged that we were taking the piss a bit. Now there's a sort of divide with countries voting for friendly neighbours, but we're stuck with the "big" countries now rather than the other "big" countries voting against us.

Nah. :)

Quality beats quantity Nemo.

Owts better than our continual humiliation and I tell you what, it's deserved. What a f***ing pile of shite that song was. As I said, we're still looking for the next Bucks Fizz. :D

Nah I think the poking fun thing ended a few years ago when the rest of Europe twigged that we were taking the piss a bit. Now there's a sort of divide with countries voting for friendly neighbours, but we're stuck with the "big" countries now rather than the other "big" countries voting against us.

When did our sniping begin? Around the time we turned into perennial flops. :lol:

When did our sniping begin? Around the time we turned into perennial flops. :lol:

I think we always sniped, even when we were occasionally winning. Nobody took it seriously, I think, coz when Bucks Fizz won everyone was rioting and listening to post punk mentalism. Gradually western Europe came to realise we were gently taking the piss, but then they got the commercial opportunities available once the eastern Europe market opened up and our British sarcasm became a lighter load to bear when raking in massive amounts of cash.

I think we always sniped, even when we were occasionally winning. Nobody took it seriously, I think, coz when Bucks Fizz won everyone was rioting and listening to post punk mentalism. Gradually western Europe came to realise we were gently taking the piss, but then they got the commercial opportunities available once the eastern Europe market opened up and our British sarcasm became a lighter load to bear when raking in massive amounts of cash.

Nah, that's just the British way of dealing with our ineptitude. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back