Eurovision 2022.. it's back

I take it Australia is still in Europe.

it’s a ridiculous competition
It was started by Isreal and France...nowt to do wth Europe really, just a name / logo.
Used to enter it years ago when we had a UK public vote. Got to the final 6 with a song called "Mona Lisa" in 1990 but the singer run out on me on the day of recording...it was another 10 years before I even sold a song, what could have been :(

Last edited:
It was started by Isreal and France...nowt to do wth Europe really, just a name / logo.
Used to enter it years ago when we had a UK public vote. Got to the final 6 with a song called "Mona Lisa" in 1990 but the singer run out on me on the day of recording...it was another 10 years before I even sold a song, what could have been :(
Didn't there used to be a final 8 back then?

Verses are good, maybe too good for the watery chorus to have impact. Excellent vocals...a high stable Eb takes some getting to.

8 out of ten from me, and I'm not very forgiving music wise.

The missus left me that week so was kind of in a mess what with not being able to work by way of suddenly becoming a single parent, so yeah it could have been eight.

You visited the site below so could have just said "you remembered it wrong Gelan, it was eight" You don't even like the contest so why would you know the number of entries from 32 years ago>

My entry was replaced by Malcom Roberts song. The publishing Company that sponsored me was "Red Bus Music" they went bust a year later" The singers name was Joanne Holman, who was tunner up in a Miss Denmark Contest a few years earlier. Geraint Hughes was to be the producer.

Last edited:
The missus left me that week so was kind of in a mess what with not being able to work by way of suddenly becoming a single parent, so yeah it could have been eight.

You visited the site below so could have just said "you remembered it wrong Gelan, it was eight" You don't even like the contest so why would you know the number of entries from 32 years ago>

My entry was replaced by Malcom Roberts song. The publishing Company that sponsored me was "Red Bus Music" they went bust a year later" The singers name was Joanne Holman, who was tunner up in a Miss Denmark Contest a few years earlier. Geraint Hughes was to be the producer.
Why do you say I don't even like the contest? I've never said anything about it. Peculiar stuff considering how upset you usually get about anyone commenting about you.

Genuinely think our entry isn't bad at all, he's got an excellent voice and presumably won't be out of puff like the other knacker was. Ukraine will likely win it but we should by all counts finish in the top half.

Also a really big fan of Portugal's entry, the other half has been playing it loads and it's stuck in my head:

Last edited:

Back