European Football Thread 2018/19

Just as well Depor are on the downswing of their yo-yo existence. Has the Leeds feller snapped up the second division?

Buying money. 2/5=4/10. 40% interest on a bank account just doesn’t exist.

I'm not sure mate! Both the first and second division show canny highlights on their Youtube pages like. Thoughts for Depor this season? You'd surely think they'd be eyeing at least a playoff spot, but its a league thats often very tight and there will be a number of sides fancying their chances. Perennial yo-yo's like Osasuna and Sporting as well as the relegated sides. Mallorca are back up so it'll be interesting to see how they get on.

Ok it might be the 3rd division in Germany but there was 41,324 at the Kaiserslautern v 1860 Muinch game last night :eek::cool:

A new record attendance for the league 25k was the previous highest

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Anything been announced where we can watch La Liga and serie A yet ?

Eleven Sports
Eleven Sports: who is the new player in the battle for sport broadcast rights?

Also got the rights to the US PGA Tour, UFC and NBA.

From what I've been reading they're open to Sky, Virgin or BT carrying their channel, but they're primarily online.
For me that just makes it a pain in the arse.
Probably won't watch those leagues any more now you have to go and subscribe to Eleven Sports.

Eleven Sports
Eleven Sports: who is the new player in the battle for sport broadcast rights?

Also got the rights to the US PGA Tour, UFC and NBA.

From what I've been reading they're open to Sky, Virgin or BT carrying their channel, but they're primarily online.
For me that just makes it a pain in the arse.
Probably won't watch those leagues any more now you have to go and subscribe to Eleven Sports.

Aye same here, there’s sky lost the USA PGA now that’s another thing they’ve lost, time for a phone call see if I can get some discount

Aye same here, there’s sky lost the USA PGA now that’s another thing they’ve lost, time for a phone call see if I can get some discount

Not that long ago it was one payment for everything. Now if you want to watch stuff you're paying for sky, bt, eleven sports, box nation, racing uk, premier sports, sky box office, itv box office.....
Its no wonder people want to illegally stream stuff. They can't even see it that if they just provided everything for about £50 a month they'd probably have many more subscribers.

They called this years champions league final on BT a ratings winner because it got 4 million viewers.
Yet when Liverpool last won it in 05 and it was on ITV, there was 12 million viewers. So there's 8 million people who would want to watch it but didn't

Valencia are still trying to come to an agreement with PSG for Goncalo Guedes. Articles suggest PSG want €60m but Valencia see him at €50m, there has been other interest but Guedes has made it clear to PSG he only wants to go to Valencia.

Wolves are apparently interested...

Malcom scored v Roma :lol:

State of the American commentary on that :mad:

Any one got any plans to go to any foreign games?
Got tickets to a Munich game in Novemeber, if tv fixtures are kind ill fit in an Augsburg or Freiburg game.
Hoping to get to Napoli in Feb
Might try and have a day trip to Lyon or some other french team
Will apply for Europa league final in Baku and Champions League final in Madrid

Any one got any plans to go to any foreign games?
Got tickets to a Munich game in Novemeber, if tv fixtures are kind ill fit in an Augsburg or Freiburg game.
Hoping to get to Napoli in Feb
Might try and have a day trip to Lyon or some other french team
Will apply for Europa league final in Baku and Champions League final in Madrid
I'm looking to go to Juventus game.

Anyone reckon Modric will actually end up at Inter? I think RM see it as a last opportunity to cash in big on some of these players past 30, risky though to sell Ronaldo and Modric and expect others to fill those shoes.

Anyone reckon Modric will actually end up at Inter? I think RM see it as a last opportunity to cash in big on some of these players past 30, risky though to sell Ronaldo and Modric and expect others to fill those shoes.
I think it depends how serious they are on Kovatic
He said he wants to leave if he isnt a starter. So if they are going to start him it makes sense to sell Modric

What a strange signing. Saying that they seem to do the same every year now

Internet based???

I think so- not 100% sure. Think it’ll be a laptop and HDMI job for me.

BT is getting cancelled this weekend, think I’ll have some of this.

More value for money imo. Easy to get a good link for BT via Kodi or online for nothing.

There’s a free trial during the PGA Championships as well. Personally I’d wait a week or so until all the European leagues kick off before buying it.

Max of 10 games a week broadcast.

Last edited:
Hamburg are 2-0 down at home to Holstein Kiel in their first game in the German 2nd division..
0-3 full time, got St. Pauli blood in me so it’s given me a laugh and a good start to my weekend! ;) They’ll come back and win the league though, Bundesliga 2 is a poor league unfortunately!

Back