European Football Thread 2017/18

The Eredivisie gets underway tonight, Den Haag vs Utrecht at 6.

2 televised games this weekend, Heracles vs Ajax tomorrow night before the champions Feyenoord take on Twente on Sunday afternoon.

As pointed out by Forza the Eredivisie gets its league season underway this weekend, whilst we also have the traditional curtain raisers from Spain and Italy

Friday 11th August

7:30pm - Zulte Waregem vs Club Brugge - Premier Sports
7:45pm - Rennes vs Lyon - BT Sport 3

Saturday 12th August

7:45pm - Heracles vs Ajax - Sky Sports Football

Sunday 13th August

1:30pm - Feyenoord vs FC Twente - Sky Sports Football
2:00pm - Strasbourg vs Lille - BT Sport 1
4:00pm - Dijon vs Monaco - BT Sport 1
7:45pm - Juventus vs Lazio - Sky Sports Mix
8:00pm - Guingamp vs PSG - BT Sport 2
9:00pm - Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Sky Sports Football

Monday 14th August

7:45pm - Hasna Rostock vs Hertha Berlin - BT Sport 3

Friday 18th August

7:15pm - Leganes vs Alaves - Sky Sports Red Button
7:30pm - Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen - BT Sport 2
7:30pm - Standard Liege vs Zulte Waregem - Premier Sports
7:45pm - FC Metz vs Monaco - BT Sport 3
9:15pm - Valencia vs Las Palmas - Sky Sports Red Button

Saturday 19th August

12:00pm - Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Kaiserslautern - BT Sport 1
5:00pm - Juventus vs Cagliari - BT Sport 2
5:15pm - Celta Vigo vs Real Sociedad - Sky Sports Red Button
5:30pm - Schalke vs Red Bull Leipzig - BT Sport 3
7:15pm - Girona vs Atletico Madrid - Sky Sports Red Button
7:45pm - Verona vs Napoli - BT Sport 3
9:15pm - Sevilla vs Espanyol - Sky Sports Football

Sunday 20th August

11:30am - Excelsior vs Feyenoord - Sky Sports Football
1:30pm - Ajax vs FC Groningen - Sky Sports Football
1:30pm - Anderlecht vs Sint Truidense VV - Premier Sports
2:00pm - Lille vs Caen - BT Sport 2
2:30pm - Freiburg vs Eintracht Frankfurt - BT Sport 1
3:45pm - NAC Breda vs PSV Eindhoven - Sky Sports Red Button
4:00pm - Marseille vs Angers - BT Sport Extra 2
5:00pm - Atalanta vs Roma - BT Sport 2
5:00pm - Borussia Monchengladbach vs FC Koln - BT Sport 1
5:00pm - KV Kortrijk vs Club Brugge - Premier Sports
5:15pm - Athletic Bilbao vs Getafe - Sky Sports Football
7:15pm - Barcelona vs Real Betis - Sky Sports Football
7:45pm - Crotone vs AC Milan - BT Sport Extra 2
7:45pm - Inter Milan vs Fiorentina - BT Sport 2
8:00pm - PSG vs Toulouse - BT Sport 3
9:15pm - Deportivo la Coruna vs Real Madrid - Sky Sports Football

Monday 21st August

7:15pm - Levante vs Villarreal - Sky Sports Football
7:30pm - Arminia Bielefeld vs VFL Bochum - BT Sport 3
9:00pm - Malaga vs Eibar - Sky Sports Football

The return of Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga this weekend :D

Despite their really poor pre-season it's difficult to see beyond Bayern for the title again, especially seeing as Dortmund still look unable to defend if the Super Cup game is anything to go by. In Spain it looks as though Real are a mile ahead of Barcelona at the moment and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Atletico finish 2nd ahead of Barca, especially if Costa does end up back there in January.

As for Serie A I wouldn't be too surprised if Juve struggle to retain the title, there definitely seems to be a sense that something isn't right there at the moment and the departure of Bonucci to Milan could well turn out to be a 'reverse Pirlo' as a lot of people are calling it. Milan are definitely the story of the summer and it does feel as though it'll either end up being absolutely brilliant or end up being this generations version of Leeds and of the other possible contenders Napoli look the best placed to mount a challenge, especially as they've managed to hold onto both Mertens and Insigne.

No EFS on Sunday nights though :cry:

Probably watch the Valencia v Las Palmas game tonight. Las Palmas have lost their manager and two best players, bit of a grim season ahead. Valencia can't be shit again surely? Doesn't look like they've added many players mind. Lost Diego Alves as well. They might actually concede a goal when they give away a penalty now.

I didn't watch either of the Barcelona - Madrid games but over 3.5 goals is evens in the Barcelona - Betis match on Sunday, that looks really good value to me. Betis nabbed Quique Setien off Las Palmas so they should be good to watch this season. Shame they lost Asensio but looks like they've made xome decent signings from the few that I recognise.

Tricky start for Valencia. I watched them play Las Palmas at home early last season and Las Palmas were brilliant. It ended 4-2 to the visitors and they were superb on the break. Valencia haven't added a lot really but Gabriel is imminent from Arsenal. They're putting a lot on hope on Zaza but for me they still need another striker.

Probably watch the Valencia v Las Palmas game tonight. Las Palmas have lost their manager and two best players, bit of a grim season ahead. Valencia can't be shit again surely? Doesn't look like they've added many players mind. Lost Diego Alves as well. They might actually concede a goal when they give away a penalty now.

I didn't watch either of the Barcelona - Madrid games but over 3.5 goals is evens in the Barcelona - Betis match on Sunday, that looks really good value to me. Betis nabbed Quique Setien off Las Palmas so they should be good to watch this season. Shame they lost Asensio but looks like they've made xome decent signings from the few that I recognise.

I think Sergio Leon will be a really good signing for Betis, he did well in a turgid Osasuna side. Boudebouz in as well!

Had Bayern, Monaco and Valencia on an accumulator! Only Brought in £15 but that's 2 Friday wins out of two! Valencia laboured against ten man Las Palmas 1-0, in truth they should have finished them off but didn't manage. A win is a win! The small matter of a trip to the Bernabeu next. They'd have drawn or even lost that game last season.

Lewandowski off the mark in the league at the first attempt, shock!

3-1 somewhat flattered Bayern IMO. Started off really well and in the first 25 minutes they looked rampant but once Brandt came on for Leverkusen they looked a much better side and had numerous really good chances in the 2nd half. Admittedly Bayern took the foot off the gas but the ease with which Leverkusen were able to create good chances will still be somewhat of a concern to Ancelotti

Back