Europa Park in Germany

Sunderland06

Midfield
Has anyone been here before? We're looking at booking a trip and looking for tips.

Was thinking of flying from either Edinburgh or Manchester to Basel and hiring a car.

Looking at going for a week in April or May, 2 nights in Europa Park itself or in the vicinity of Rust. The rest of the holiday we're pretty flexible so looking for recommendations.

We will likely have a car so don't mind staying out of the cities a bit.

It's always somewhere I've wanted to go but never got to it yet but isn't Strasbourg closer to fly to - not sure what the flights are like nowadays tho? Alternatively, if you want cheaper Zurich isn't a million miles away either.

For stuff to do it's right next to the Black Forest, tonnes of stuff there if your into that sort of stuff.

Last edited:
It's always somewhere I've wanted to go but never got to it yet but isn't Strasbourg closer to fly to - not sure what the flights are like nowadays tho? Alternatively, if you want cheaper Zurich isn't a million miles away either.

For stuff to do it's right next to the Black Forest, tonnes of stuff there if your into that sort of stuff.
I think Strasbourg is closer but can only fly from London.

Flights from Newcastle with one change priced not too bad BA. KLM , Lufthansa , use sky scanner . Son touring the parks summer time so hopefully going over for a few days to meet him via Basel,then the trains to ringsheim station
Booked through BA, NCL-LHR-BSL.

£400 for 2 adults and a child, 23kg included for all.

Has anyone been here before?
We visited when staying freiburg exploring the black forest. Did freiburg down to basel on the train & that's well organised. We were then headed off to karlsruhe and heidelberg.

Good choice in Europa Park, done a lot of different places with the bairn over the years and this has been our favourite theme park. Just really well put together, with lots of great rides. Seems to balance the white knuckle stuff with the entertainment really well.

When it's a connecting flight on the same airline the luggage gets moved straight on right?
Hopefully, going to book Ba in the summer as well 😀
let me know how it goes and any-tips as well ,after you watch that vlog I sent you they have good vlogs on all theme parks worldwide,. Well worth watching them

Last edited:
It's great the park, they've recently opened up a big waterpark connected to it and a new hotel, its really decent.

I'm not that familiar with surrounding area of Europa but I've lived in basel a long time if you want recommendations for there or Switzerland.

To note, everything's a few quid extra in Switzerland compared to Germany

let me know how it goes and any-tips as well ,after you watch that vlog I sent you they have good vlogs on all theme parks worldwide,. Well worth watching them
Will do.

We're doing 3 nights near Europa Park, 2 nights in Zurich (though one of the days we're driving to Neuschwanstein castle so that'll take the whole day), and 2 nights in Basel.
It's great the park, they've recently opened up a big waterpark connected to it and a new hotel, its really decent.

I'm not that familiar with surrounding area of Europa but I've lived in basel a long time if you want recommendations for there or Switzerland.

To note, everything's a few quid extra in Switzerland compared to Germany
Staying in Hotel Alexander in Basel for 2 nights.

Only thing bugging me is transfer times in LHR , enough time ? Especially for the luggage
It wasn't.

Baggage was delayed on the way out.

Basel to Heathrow flight was delayed on the way home and we missed the connection to Newcastle.

The park itself was great, loads for our 3 year old to do.

Rutlantica waterpark was class.

Visited Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany which was spectacular.

Much preferred Germany to Zurich/Basel, and Colmar in France was beautiful.

Bregenz in Austria was a nice place with a very relaxed feel.

Liechtenstein is the most boring place I've ever been and they had a restaurant called New Castle 🤮

Back