Europa League last 16 draw

I don't know enough about Slavia but I suspect it'll be a good tie. I didn't want Leicester (prior to their elimination) and Slavia swatted them aside yesterday so they must be a decent side.

They're a decent side, better than Antwerp. In Stanciu and Provod, they have a good playmaker and a dangerous winger and the young centre forward, Abdallah Sima, may develop into a big star if he keeps scoring at the rate he has done so far. Defensively, they seem pretty solid, given that they stopped Leicester from scoring over two legs. Tougher opponents than Antwerp but I'd make Rangers slight favourites.

They're a decent side, better than Antwerp. In Stanciu and Provod, they have a good playmaker and a dangerous winger and the young centre forward, Abdallah Sima, may develop into a big star if he keeps scoring at the rate he has done so far. Defensively, they seem pretty solid, given that they stopped Leicester from scoring over two legs. Tougher opponents than Antwerp but I'd make Rangers slight favourites.
The bookies have it that way too. Rangers favourites to progress but there’s not much in it.

I hope that we can get it together defensively otherwise I'd make Slavia favourites. We've been formidable defensively all season but seemed to ditch everything we've done well in favour of out scoring Antwerp in the last round. Interesting strategy and it worked but we need to get back to basics and not concede against Slavia otherwise we'll make life very difficult for ourselves.

Just a shame I can't do my 4th European tour with Rangers. Prague for a last 16 tie would have been unreal. Nevermind. 😔

Back