Europa Final - ticket sales

No phase 3 for us either ;). They'll be on general sale at this rate. I'm a red member (which is the lowest tier at Arsenal) and in any other cup final I'd have no chance of a ticket but I can buy 2 for this one if I want to. The cheapest flight I can get is £1274 return and takes me 27 hours and 35 mins to get there. Coming back would only be the 22 hours and 5 minutes though. Along with the cost of a ticket (to be fair they aren't badly priced), the cost of a hotel and needing to apply and pay for a visa I can't justify going.

Think Arsenal have only sold around 3000 tickets, Chelsea have sold much less so it looks like they'll be dragging folk off the street to fill the stadium.

This is one fixture nobody will be taking the piss that the teams couldn't sell all their tickets. It's an absolute disgrace.

A lot of people managed to get the Eurovision no bother when it was in Azerbaijan ;) Serioulsy though, regardless of who gotto the final the location just spits in the face of the modern fan... personally Id get Chelsea and Arsenal together to play the final out at Wembley and get a copy of the cup made up.... two fingers up to EUFA but doing that theyd probably take great pleasure in banning both clubs and probably any future english club....

A lot of people managed to get the Eurovision no bother when it was in Azerbaijan ;) Serioulsy though, regardless of who gotto the final the location just spits in the face of the modern fan... personally Id get Chelsea and Arsenal together to play the final out at Wembley and get a copy of the cup made up.... two fingers up to EUFA but doing that theyd probably take great pleasure in banning both clubs and probably any future english club....

The EnglisH teams are probably at thier most powerful at the moment - dominating Europe without our league winners, WC semi finalists etc... now would be a great time to do something radical. UEFA and FIFA need us more than we need them. Shame that those brown envelopes that cause all this will also find thier way to the Chelsea , arsenal and FA big wigs.

Saw a UEFA rep interviewed yesterday. He said the reason they have give 6000 to each teams supporters is that if there were any more the airport couldn't cope and there are no more hotel spaces. So why go there.
Also saw that sponsors and vip"s are not taking up their tickets due to the difficulty getting there. Speculating it could end up half full.

Hope it is half full or less , it’s all that’s wrong with corporate football be great if footee fans boycotted watching on the tele too

No phase 3 for us either ;). They'll be on general sale at this rate. I'm a red member (which is the lowest tier at Arsenal) and in any other cup final I'd have no chance of a ticket but I can buy 2 for this one if I want to. The cheapest flight I can get is £1274 return and takes me 27 hours and 35 mins to get there. Coming back would only be the 22 hours and 5 minutes though. Along with the cost of a ticket (to be fair they aren't badly priced), the cost of a hotel and needing to apply and pay for a visa I can't justify going.

Think Arsenal have only sold around 3000 tickets, Chelsea have sold much less so it looks like they'll be dragging folk off the street to fill the stadium.

My brother in law is a season ticket holder. He lives in the Cayman Islands and comes back to about half the games. He said a trip to Baku would involve two consecutive overnight flights followed by no sleep as it kicks off at 11pm local time then two daytime trips on the way back. As someone else said, I think they should just play the game unofficially at Wembley!

See today’s fa cup final corporate area behind the dugouts second half for a smaller vision of what will happen in the europa final.
That’s the areas where tkts are distributed to people who work in football. The authorities have stopped giving seats there to the clubs as there were abusing and spitting at the oppositions bench. People who work in football can get em for f&f but are risking their jobs if owt kicks off.

Just shows up football for what it is. A lot of crowing about tolerance, racism, saying no to racism ...... yet the host country of the final are denying people access because they have a certain nationality on their passport. Football organisations should practise what they preach, a county like Azerbaijan shouldn’t be hosting a UEFA competition final, it’s ludicrous. I’m guessing Mkhiteryan can’t play in it ?

Is the right answer. I am not one for having a go at the far flung places having their turn at hosting big games and I thought Russia deserved the world cup as they were probably the biggest footballing country to have never had it, but to allow a country to host that will prevent certain nationalities from attending is not acceptable. Not a fan of Qatar for reasons of human rights and gay rights etc. If the host country is not demonstrably inclusive to all, they should not be considered.

Last edited:
Is it on council telly? BT free to air?
Only free to air option is BT streaming it via their app, website and YouTube channel i believe, to watch on TV you need to have BT Sports.

Obviously if you have a smart TV plugged in to the internet you'll probably be able to play it via a YouTube app on the TV.

Only free to air option is BT streaming it via their app, website and YouTube channel i believe, to watch on TV you need to have BT Sports.

Obviously if you have a smart TV plugged in to the internet you'll probably be able to play it via a YouTube app on the TV.
Watched European Cup Finals on YouTube last year. Will do the same this.

Ta.

Long, long way
Difficult to get to
Difficult country to get into
Might be difficult to get out of for some
Transport infrastructure not there
I think anyone going probably needs a week off work
Shandy outlawed so all those lager top Chelsea fans are fucked
Add to that how shit Chelsea and their scummy fans are
And Arsenal fans don't want to go as they are saving up for the Champions league final. A trip to Dignatas if Spurs win, a liver transplant if they lose
Might also be people who fundamentally disagree with a game like this happening somewhere not up to hosting the finalists and their followers

Back