Europa Final - ticket sales

It’s quite a sobering thought that even if you are lucky enough to support a team that gets to the final of an elite European competition it’s almost certainly going to be unattainable to get a ticket in. Also proof that the game of the working classes has been hijacked by corporations if anyone needed further evidence that is.

Really fed up with the way football is going.
It’s been going this way for years....

Saw a UEFA rep interviewed yesterday. He said the reason they have give 6000 to each teams supporters is that if there were any more the airport couldn't cope and there are no more hotel spaces. So why go there.
Also saw that sponsors and vip"s are not taking up their tickets due to the difficulty getting there. Speculating it could end up half full.

Saw a UEFA rep interviewed yesterday. He said the reason they have give 6000 to each teams supporters is that if there were any more the airport couldn't cope and there are no more hotel spaces. So why go there.
Also saw that sponsors and vip"s are not taking up their tickets due to the difficulty getting there. Speculating it could end up half full.
It’s a tiny country swimming in oil mate, see Quatar.
££££££££££££££££££££££

Fuck me, UEFA have done plenty of incompetent shite in their time but this is the mother of all fuck ups. What an utter embarrassment they are :lol:

If nobody bothered to watch it then the TV companies would get on the backs of the organisers and the chance of this nonsense happening again would be reduced.
The same goes for the WC. It's corruption on a brazen level.

If it was down to me I'd make sure none of the UK TV companies showed the WC, I'd run the UK leagues as normal, withdraw the work permit of any foreign player who attends and fulfil our obligation to compete(assuming we qualify) by sending a pub team to represent us. FIFA stuck two fingers up at us when they engineered the corrupt bidding process so that a small number of greedy ***** benefited while billions were inconvenienced.
Bit dramatic dont you think?

Arsenal and Chelsea fans moaning about 6000 allocations . . .

To date Arsenal sold 3000, Chelsea 600.

It’s a long way to go but WOW.

Pointless buying a ticket when you can't get there.

There are flights to Turkey and from Turkey to Baku.
Stupid place to hold the final and UEFA should have helped arrange charter flights for any team who got to the final.
Daft thing is Arsenal and Chelsea are moaning about the cost yet along with Spurs they have the most expensive ticket prices in Europe if not the world.

Apparently Bahu Airport can handle 10,000 people per hour. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If nobody bothered to watch it then the TV companies would get on the backs of the organisers and the chance of this nonsense happening again would be reduced.
The same goes for the WC. It's corruption on a brazen level.

If it was down to me I'd make sure none of the UK TV companies showed the WC, I'd run the UK leagues as normal, withdraw the work permit of any foreign player who attends and fulfil our obligation to compete(assuming we qualify) by sending a pub team to represent us. FIFA stuck two fingers up at us when they engineered the corrupt bidding process so that a small number of greedy ***** benefited while billions were inconvenienced.

Absolutely this.
Changing the Bidding rules after the fact. :evil:

Last edited:
WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO WENT TO THE SEMI FINAL???? :evil:

No phase 3 for us either ;). They'll be on general sale at this rate. I'm a red member (which is the lowest tier at Arsenal) and in any other cup final I'd have no chance of a ticket but I can buy 2 for this one if I want to. The cheapest flight I can get is £1274 return and takes me 27 hours and 35 mins to get there. Coming back would only be the 22 hours and 5 minutes though. Along with the cost of a ticket (to be fair they aren't badly priced), the cost of a hotel and needing to apply and pay for a visa I can't justify going.

Think Arsenal have only sold around 3000 tickets, Chelsea have sold much less so it looks like they'll be dragging folk off the street to fill the stadium.

No phase 3 for us either ;). They'll be on general sale at this rate. I'm a red member (which is the lowest tier at Arsenal) and in any other cup final I'd have no chance of a ticket but I can buy 2 for this one if I want to. The cheapest flight I can get is £1274 return and takes me 27 hours and 35 mins to get there. Coming back would only be the 22 hours and 5 minutes though. Along with the cost of a ticket (to be fair they aren't badly priced), the cost of a hotel and needing to apply and pay for a visa I can't justify going.

Think Arsenal have only sold around 3000 tickets, Chelsea have sold much less so it looks like they'll be dragging folk off the street to fill the stadium.

Thing is that this would have been the case for ANY travelling fans from pretty much any of the teams likely to get anywhere near the final. It’s an absolute joke the way UEFA have arranged this.

Thing is that this would have been the case for ANY travelling fans from pretty much any of the teams likely to get anywhere near the final. It’s an absolute joke the way UEFA have arranged this.

Exactly. Was just giving an example of how much it costs - I mean what match going fan can afford that? UEFA claim they care about the 'football family' and all that shite but it's corrupt as fuck. Brown envelopes have been used to get the final to Baku.

Back