Europa Final - ticket sales

Arsenal and Chelsea whinging about ticket allocations when there are thousands still available for general sale.
37,000 tickets were offered for sale on the UEFA website and most are still available.

Just shows up football for what it is. A lot of crowing about tolerance, racism, saying no to racism ...... yet the host country of the final are denying people access because they have a certain nationality on their passport. Football organisations should practise what they preach, a county like Azerbaijan shouldn’t be hosting a UEFA competition final, it’s ludicrous. I’m guessing Mkhiteryan can’t play in it ?

Arsenal and Chelsea whinging about ticket allocations when there are thousands still available for general sale.
37,000 tickets were offered for sale on the UEFA website and most are still available.
It's no good having a ticket if there is insufficient planes to take you there and they are a grand each return. The whinging on here would be volcanic.

Its bollocks organisation for a final. Its totally fucked over the fans of the clubs who are set to contest the bloody game, instead you'll have a load of corporate arseholes and random tosspots, for who it'll be a nice experience its not as if they actually care about the result.
It'll still be a twat to travel to even for corporate customers, the place is just not geared up to receive a large volume of bodies in a short space of time. I can see it being half empty, its a disgrace really. Dress rehearsal for Qatar.

It's no good having a ticket if there is insufficient planes to take you there and they are a grand each return. The whinging on here would be volcanic.
There are flights to Turkey and from Turkey to Baku.
Stupid place to hold the final and UEFA should have helped arrange charter flights for any team who got to the final.
Daft thing is Arsenal and Chelsea are moaning about the cost yet along with Spurs they have the most expensive ticket prices in Europe if not the world.

Apparently Bahu Airport can handle 10,000 people per hour. :lol:

Last edited:
There are flights to Turkey and from Turkey to Baku.
Stupid place to hold the final and UEFA should have helped arrange charter flights for any team who got to the final.
Daft thing is Arsenal and Chelsea are moaning about the cost yet along with Spurs they have the most expensive ticket prices in Europe if not the world.

Apparently Bahu Airport can handle 10,000 people per hour. :lol:
They have only come out with that after they told UEFA they can only handle 15,000 visitors.

Reading this thread I'd love both sets of fans to boycott the game.

Also, be good to see a superground I. E Tottenham open its doors, have two massive screens in the centre circle. Facing the goals and one side Chelsea the other arsenal. Police and steward it like a normal game. Spurs could charge 20 quid to get in etc.

I couldn't even point to Azerbaijan on a map tbh. I wouldn't imagine Baku is at the top of many people's bucket list of places to visit.

Even if you drove the quickest route it would involve driving through two areas the FO advise against doing so at all costs. And I reckon you'd need to grease a few palms at checkpoints etc to get through with the minimum of fuss.

Looked at Formula 1 there - with the lad, absolute fuck on. Far less numbers for that than this. City can't cope but it's not about that. Why countries think sports events make them more 'attractive' or 'acceptable'- they tend to just highlight issues that most wouldn't know about otherwise.

It’s all relative. If it was us I’d walk there, but having both won the uefa cup in the past I can imagine a lot of their fans just deciding the cost, distance, time and hassle isn’t really worth it.

Arsenal need the win to get in the CL but Chelsea probably see it as a second rate cup.

We went daft for the Cap One Cup and CAT because we’re starved of any real success but I’ve heard a few fans saying they’re not bothered about Wembley this time having just been.
Arsenal have never won the UEFA cup

If nobody bothered to watch it then the TV companies would get on the backs of the organisers and the chance of this nonsense happening again would be reduced.
The same goes for the WC. It's corruption on a brazen level.

If it was down to me I'd make sure none of the UK TV companies showed the WC, I'd run the UK leagues as normal, withdraw the work permit of any foreign player who attends and fulfil our obligation to compete(assuming we qualify) by sending a pub team to represent us. FIFA stuck two fingers up at us when they engineered the corrupt bidding process so that a small number of greedy ***** benefited while billions were inconvenienced.

Its bollocks organisation for a final. Its totally fucked over the fans of the clubs who are set to contest the bloody game, instead you'll have a load of corporate arseholes and random tosspots, for who it'll be a nice experience its not as if they actually care about the result.

This is what they want, the little twats have sold the ordinary fans out.

Back