Euro Disney

Oldest lad took his family over over there recently on the Eurostar. Stayed in in one of thew Disney hotels onsite.
Tell s me he ordered a glass of wine and a vodka and coke. £50 :eek:
WTF?

Was much easier when we went staying on site at Euro Disney, 2 minute walk round the corner, much easier did the same at Alton Towers stayed on site there as well, miles easier and more convenient.

Where exactly? Can't remember it being that expensive and infact I do recall being happy at the 'by eye' measures of vodka in the place we stayed

Oldest lad took his family over over there recently on the Eurostar. Stayed in in one of thew Disney hotels onsite.
WTF?
When we were there in the summer we were €21 for a pint of lager and a glass of wine at the Newport Bay Hotel. Still extortionate on Dundee pub prices (even the fancy pubs) but about a 3rd of the price your son is claiming.

Either Brexit has completely fucked the exchange rate beyond our wildest dreams, he’s been staying in a non-Disney owned hotel within the vicinity of the parks, or your “eldest lad” is bullshitting.

Last edited:
mug. Stay at home and watch videos on YouTube😀

Kids absolutely love the Disney hotels man, if you can afford to do it, why not, they’re not young long enough as it is.
Just checked there and a last minute 2 nighter at Disney hotel would be around £700 vs £200 in Paris.

You also get extra magic hours if you stay on site, so hour before the park opens to regular quests you can ride the best rides with little to no queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
People could always not buy a alcoholic drink while there, just a thought.

Most will be going there with kids anyway!

A few days without drink wouldn’t kill anyone

WTF?
Might have been a very nice wine and a decent vodka. Wine could easily be £15 for a large glass. Double vodka could be £10 a shot if its good stuff. I recall paying £5 for a bottle of coke in one place, which smarted a tad.
mug. Stay at home and watch videos on YouTube😀
Kids absolutely love the Disney hotels man, if you can afford to do it, why not, they’re not young long enough as it is.
tbf, we loved staying on the complex. Meal deal included, worked out pretty decent. If you're going for a week, fair enough - for 2 nights? nar, stop on site.
Just checked there and a last minute 2 nighter at Disney hotel would be around £700 vs £200 in Paris.
£500 - which includes the park tickets, and if you buy at the right time, your meals.
And you get in the parks ahead of everyone else, which is a godsend.

Its up to the buyer, of course - but you're not seeing the value on both sides of the argument.
You also get extra magic hours if you stay on site, so hour before the park opens to regular quests you can ride the best rides with little to no queue.
This ^^^ I'd gladly spend extra cash to be in the parks when they're quiet!
When we were there in the summer we were €21 for a pint of lager and a glass of wine at the Newport Bay Hotel. Still extortionate on Dundee pub prices (even the fancy pubs) but about a 3rd of the price your son is claiming.

Either Brexit has completely fucked the exchange rate beyond our wildest dreams, he’s been staying in a non-Disney owned hotel within the vicinity of the parks, or your “eldest lad” is bullshitting.
We stayed there last time, very nice hotel. Yeah, the exchange rate is kicking our arse these days :lol:

Last edited:
WTF?

I went a few years ago. It was expensive but not 50 quid for two drinks.
Was much easier when we went staying on site at Euro Disney, 2 minute walk round the corner, much easier did the same at Alton Towers stayed on site there as well, miles easier and more convenient.

Aye we've stayed on site at both. Convenience is worth the extra money for us.

Last edited:

Back