[Euro 2022 Final] England v Germany - BBC1 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can’t find it now but did someone mention there’s the potential of a game with the South America cup winners, like that one they did with Italy and Argentina a few weeks back.

that would be fun to watch
It's going to be against Brazil at a venue somewhere in Europe apparently. Not sure when.

My other half has been pretty emotional about this since yesterday. Her first job in journalism was at a sports reporting agency in 1999 and she was told she couldn't cover football as she was female. A young bloke with less experience (and ability) than her got to do it instead.

She never thought she'd see the scenes she has in the last 24 hours or so which is why she is so thrilled, as well as emotional, about us winning. Oh, and she's Scottish...

Last edited:
My other half has been pretty emotional about this since yesterday. Her first job in journalism was at a sports reporting agency in 1999 and she was told she couldn't cover football as she was female. A young bloke with less experience (and ability) than her got to it instead.

She never thought she'd see the scenes she has in the last 24 hours or so which is why she is so thrilled, as well as emotional, about us winning. Oh, and she's Scottish...
Two Scottish blokes behind us at Wembley and they were good as gold. Said they love the Lionesses. So pleased that people see it for what it is and deserving of better than daft petty nationalism

Two Scottish blokes behind us at Wembley and they were good as gold. Said they love the Lionesses. So pleased that people see it for what it is and deserving of better than daft petty nationalism
The big question here is if this win transfers over to the women's domestic game and makes it profitable and increases attendances. Its a pity the England women have about a week to capitalise on an advertising level before the Prem starts up,could have done with a couple more weeks IMO.

German press moaning about the "scam" of the penalty which wasn't given

"Also because the DFB women were denied a crystal-clear penalty in the 25th minute. But the British media don't want to know anything about that, don't say a word about the scene in which Captain Williamson clearly jumps the ball to her hand."

(translation from Google)
It wasn't handball as the middle of the ball hits her upper bicep, which is part of her sleeve area (It doesn't hit her forearm as gif is crap quality compared to original video) . Also hoy in the fact that the ball kicked by the German going away from Williamson, hit Millie Bright's leg and completely deflected the ball in a different direction again and up into Williamson's arm (within a yard away).

Logon or register to see this image

German press moaning about the "scam" of the penalty which wasn't given

"Also because the DFB women were denied a crystal-clear penalty in the 25th minute. But the British media don't want to know anything about that, don't say a word about the scene in which Captain Williamson clearly jumps the ball to her hand."

(translation from Google)
To be fair to the Erics, it’s not the German press, it’s one paper, Bild, the German equivalent of the Sun.

Not watched one minute of it, got no interest in international sport what so ever. It’ll not be long before theirs more Englishmen in Welsh football team than their is in English cricket team, it’s time to scrap it. f***ing pointless if you’re just letting people pick who they represent.

Having said that I’m glad the shites made so many people happy.
I get your general point but to be fair, I think all the players on Sunday were born & raised in England & Germany.

Get in.

Have we qualified for the next world cup?
Not officially but they only need to win one of their last two qualifiers next month. One of which is against Luxembourg in Stoke, who they beat 10-0 in the away match.

It wasn't handball as the middle of the ball hits her upper bicep, which is part of her sleeve area (It doesn't hit her forearm as gif is crap quality compared to original video) . Also hoy in the fact that the ball kicked by the German going away from Williamson, hit Millie Bright's leg and completely deflected the ball in a different direction again and up into Williamson's arm (within a yard away).

Looks like it hits upper arm and wrist to me

My other half has been pretty emotional about this since yesterday. Her first job in journalism was at a sports reporting agency in 1999 and she was told she couldn't cover football as she was female. A young bloke with less experience (and ability) than her got to do it instead.

I came back from Wembley last night. I`ve been totally inspired by the whole event. The Lionesses did us proud. The feeling of actually coming out of Wembley after seeing a winning team is indescribable after so many past disappointments. The performance from both teams showed some real class. To take the lead late in the game only to see Germany score afterwards gave me that usually sinking feeling. Germany were so well organised and I thought that they`d step up in extra time but we held on and to nick it at the end was just unbelievable.

The atmosphere was fantastic. There was no booing of the German national anthem and the fans were all mixed together. We had 2 German fans just in front of us and when they scored, they obviously stood and cheered. There was no abuse or anything. There was just a really good atmosphere, no negativity, no abuse, no threats.

I`d never have thought that over a year ago when my daughter mentioned about going, that we`d see our national side beat Germany in a Final at Wembley in front of a full house. I even had a little grain of dust in my eye at the end. What a wonderful experience and one that engaged so many people who wouldn`t normally bother with football. Let`s hope this is the start of really big things for girls/ladies football right across the country from school up to the leagues and national side.

I came back from Wembley last night. I`ve been totally inspired by the whole event. The Lionesses did us proud. The feeling of actually coming out of Wembley after seeing a winning team is indescribable after so many past disappointments. The performance from both teams showed some real class. To take the lead late in the game only to see Germany score afterwards gave me that usually sinking feeling. Germany were so well organised and I thought that they`d step up in extra time but we held on and to nick it at the end was just unbelievable.

The atmosphere was fantastic. There was no booing of the German national anthem and the fans were all mixed together. We had 2 German fans just in front of us and when they scored, they obviously stood and cheered. There was no abuse or anything. There was just a really good atmosphere, no negativity, no abuse, no threats.

I`d never have thought that over a year ago when my daughter mentioned about going, that we`d see our national side beat Germany in a Final at Wembley in front of a full house. I even had a little grain of dust in my eye at the end. What a wonderful experience and one that engaged so many people who wouldn`t normally bother with football. Let`s hope this is the start of really big things for girls/ladies football right across the country from school up to the leagues and national side.
Good read that.

Thanks for posting, Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back