Ethan Robson

Aye, fair enough. I can be harsh, better not count further.
It wasn't a personal dig at you but happens all the time. I targeted someone's accidental spelling mistake in my very next post :oops: but I was making a joke. I am surprised how many people don't seem to know the difference between to and too, there,they're and their etc, but it doesn't make an argument and less valid.

It wasn't a personal dig at you but happens all the time. I targeted someone's accidental spelling mistake in my very next post :oops: but I was making a joke. I am surprised how many people don't seem to know the difference between to and too, there,they're and their etc, but it doesn't make an argument and less valid.
Just think people should take some personal pride. Perhaps put more effort in to English and less in to drinking

Do we not have the quality in the younger players? or do we not give them a chance? Mumba has looked good every time I see him
Would love to see him become a good player for us .Rightback seems his position .Not sure he's ready as yet .Technically he's canny ..attitude good .Not much to beat in our side at moment.

Wasn't there some players a few years ago making noises about having loans blocked? Might have been Tommy Robson, the left back, said he had to force through a loan deal then felt frozen out afterwards. I'm sure a couple more had said they'd had bother getting the club to let them go out on loan.
Yes, Tommy Robson had bother. There was a really reluctance in sending players out.

A max of 2 season at u23 level is enough after that the player stagnates. I've saw it all too much

Wasn't there some players a few years ago making noises about having loans blocked? Might have been Tommy Robson, the left back, said he had to force through a loan deal then felt frozen out afterwards. I'm sure a couple more had said they'd had bother getting the club to let them go out on loan.
The club were too interested in winning reserve and youth leagues iirc so didn’t let them out on loan. At least now they going out and getting experience of proper league football. It’ll do them the world of good.
hopefully some of them can kick on next year and push for the 1st team.

I really struggle with comments like this. If you can give a thought in what his qualities are & a reason why you think you know better than the people that have worked with him day in day out, great, you’ve got a discussion going. To say “he cant be any worse than what we have can he?” Is meaningless. We’ve signed the likes of Conor McLaughlin & De Bock who aren’t as good as the players who played in their positions last season. Hopefully he’ll come back a better player anyway.
I struggle with comments like this when the people who are working with our players every day continue to make the team worse than ever before. Quite frankly, they can't be recognising the basics of the game never mind recognised someone who maybe talented enough to do better than some of the underperformers in our first team.

It works both ways.

In english please. Struggle away marra, he is getting a chance elsewhere, is he better than what we have? I dont know we never seem to give them a chance. The people working with them day in day out seem to do fuck all with them. And you didnt need to join any discussion, anything else?
Right, so basically what you’ve said is throw any old player in, even though you don’t know if they’re any good, because you’ve never watched them. It’s a f***ing ridiculous thing to say.

I’ve personally watched Robson at least 20 times, I don’t think he’s good enough or better than the players we currently have in that position, but I’m sure the football club would be happy to take that chance just so you can see for yourself. Great management.

As for joining the discussion, it’s a message board, it’s here to discuss things. By posting you’ve If you’d said something I agreed with, I’d have probably replied saying I agreed, as it turns out I think your comment is a load if shite.

As for the people working with them not doing anything, we’ve got a long list going back the past 10 years that shows numerous players playing in the top two divisions of the English leagues, internationals & playing abroad. Granted at this point it’s hard to spot the next Champions League winner, but producing a conveyer belt of successes isn’t easy.

For the record, I hope Robson comes back from his loan a better player & challenges for the first team. If he dies it’ll because he’s improved from the level he was at the last time he wore red & white.

Right, so basically what you’ve said is throw any old player in, even though you don’t know if they’re any good, because you’ve never watched them. It’s a f***ing ridiculous thing to say.

I’ve personally watched Robson at least 20 times, I don’t think he’s good enough or better than the players we currently have in that position, but I’m sure the football club would be happy to take that chance just so you can see for yourself. Great management.

As for joining the discussion, it’s a message board, it’s here to discuss things. By posting you’ve If you’d said something I agreed with, I’d have probably replied saying I agreed, as it turns out I think your comment is a load if shite.

As for the people working with them not doing anything, we’ve got a long list going back the past 10 years that shows numerous players playing in the top two divisions of the English leagues, internationals & playing abroad. Granted at this point it’s hard to spot the next Champions League winner, but producing a conveyer belt of successes isn’t easy.

For the record, I hope Robson comes back from his loan a better player & challenges for the first team. If he dies it’ll because he’s improved from the level he was at the last time he wore red & white.

Wow, sorry marra, sorting the garden out at the moment, will answer everyone of your issues, quick look, you talk shit, hope that keeps you frothing until I get back :)

Everytime Ive watched Robson he seems to start timid and grow into games. I think he couldbe a really decent player at this level but at Sunderland he was always used when we were desperate which means that things were already going wrong. Expecting a youngun to resolve our clusterfuck of issues is asking too much.
He's a proper pro now. He should have the confidence to start games like he used to finish them. Get him back and see if the loans have made him. I think with a little faith he could be a massive asset for us

I really struggle with comments like this. If you can give a thought in what his qualities are & a reason why you think you know better than the people that have worked with him day in day out, great, you’ve got a discussion going. To say “he cant be any worse than what we have can he?” Is meaningless. We’ve signed the likes of Conor McLaughlin & De Bock who aren’t as good as the players who played in their positions last season. Hopefully he’ll come back a better player anyway.

He's got a good range of passing, a bullet of a shot and a decent engine. He's not very fast though. Would play where power has been asked to play, or Leadbitter

He's got a good range of passing, a bullet of a shot and a decent engine. He's not very fast though. Would play where power has been asked to play, or Leadbitter
He faded into the background in far to many u23 games I watched. That said, I remember his debut against Hull & he was man of the match. Then faded badly the following 4/5 matches he was involved in.

It would be great for us if he’s improved & stepped up due to his loan spell, but that remains to be seen

He faded into the background in far to many u23 games I watched. That said, I remember his debut against Hull & he was man of the match. Then faded badly the following 4/5 matches he was involved in.

It would be great for us if he’s improved & stepped up due to his loan spell, but that remains to be seen
Hes also got an uncanny knack of conceding possession in dangerous positions

We need to shake up the side right now. He’s an opportunity to do it. When’s Embleton back anyone ? He’s another option. And dare I say it Wyke with McNulty

I was about to give this a solid "Like" until you mentioned Wyke

Embleton and Robson. Get them in the team regularly. I think we've all seen enough of Wyke to know he isn't going to make it here

I was about to give this a solid "Like" until you mentioned Wyke

Embleton and Robson. Get them in the team regularly. I think we've all seen enough of Wyke to know he isn't going to make it here
I’m still going to stand by my opinion that Wyke could be very important to this team if we play around him. If it one up front there’s no point.

Back