Ethan Robson

TBF every time he gets a game for us he picks up an injury and when he’s fit again we aren’t in a position to play inexperienced players.

He ran a bit “hot and cold” at Dundee (moments where he looked fantastic but went missing far too often according to the Dundee fans I know) and sounds like he’s doing well at Grimsby so maybe next year could be his year if he’s going to be good enough.

He's injured again at Grimsby he went off in the FA cup match I watched last week

Yes, saw loads of him. Hes a typical example of too much reserve football. Hes 22 now and only really getting the experience recently. He should have had these loans 3-4 years ago.

Its a big problem, why dont we do that? It seems like common sense, but we dont do it, even loans to South Shields would help, why dont we have a local feeder club, Seaham Red Star?

Its a big problem, why dont we do that? It seems like common sense, but we dont do it, even loans to South Shields would help, why dont we have a local feeder club, Seaham Red Star?
I dont know. There has been a slight change to that strategy but still not enough. There are plenty local side quite high in the pyramid as well.

Two efforts at spelling the same four letter word in two different ways yet still both wrong. Good effort.
Just as well we're not in a spelling competition isn't it? What has someone's spelling got to do with giving an opinion on a messenger board?

There are a lot of smug tw@ts on here happy to put people down, but showing fuck all in the way intelligence themselves.

It's not just you, so I'm sorry for singling you out, but this really gets on my tits :confused:

Yes, saw loads of him. Hes a typical example of too much reserve football. Hes 22 now and only really getting the experience recently. He should have had these loans 3-4 years ago.
Wasn't there some players a few years ago making noises about having loans blocked? Might have been Tommy Robson, the left back, said he had to force through a loan deal then felt frozen out afterwards. I'm sure a couple more had said they'd had bother getting the club to let them go out on loan.

Can’t speak for robsons performances but Grimsby just sacked their gaffa so must have went right off form
Wasn't there some players a few years ago making noises about having loans blocked? Might have been Tommy Robson, the left back, said he had to force through a loan deal then felt frozen out afterwards. I'm sure a couple more had said they'd had bother getting the club to let them go out on loan.

Aye to Barnsley

In english please. Struggle away marra, he is getting a chance elsewhere, is he better than what we have? I dont know we never seem to give them a chance. The people working with them day in day out seem to do fuck all with them. And you didnt need to join any discussion, anything else?
I agree he needs/ deserves a run out with us but also agree that he could be worse. There are worse players than our midfielders out there. Hill and Coton are working hard to locate them.

In english please. Struggle away marra, he is getting a chance elsewhere, is he better than what we have? I dont know we never seem to give them a chance. The people working with them day in day out seem to do fuck all with them. And you didnt need to join any discussion, anything else?
One part of this I do fully agree with is the final part of your comments.We should have players smashing the door down to get in the side.Sadly when I've been to Hetton( eppleton) there is a real lack of quality.What is more concerning is this attitude from above the youth sides that " results don't matter" , well if we are constantly getting beat , players arnt ready and we've got the likes of Benji not signing contracts ( no great loss in reality) then someone really needs to get a grip on things.
There is a fantastic opportunity for players to get into our first team and it would be as " easy" as it's ever been for a kid to get a chance....if only the quality was there.
Parkinson at least has attended but mustn't rate what he has seen ..the apathy at the club needs to change at all levels.

One part of this I do fully agree with is the final part of your comments.We should have players smashing the door down to get in the side.Sadly when I've been to Hetton( eppleton) there is a real lack of quality.What is more concerning is this attitude from above the youth sides that " results don't matter" , well if we are constantly getting beat , players arnt ready and we've got the likes of Benji not signing contracts ( no great loss in reality) then someone really needs to get a grip on things.
There is a fantastic opportunity for players to get into our first team and it would be as " easy" as it's ever been for a kid to get a chance....if only the quality was there.
Parkinson at least has attended but mustn't rate what he has seen ..the apathy at the club needs to change at all levels.

Do we not have the quality in the younger players? or do we not give them a chance? Mumba has looked good every time I see him

Just as well we're not in a spelling competition isn't it? What has someone's spelling got to do with giving an opinion on a messenger board?

There are a lot of smug tw@ts on here happy to put people down, but showing fuck all in the way intelligence themselves.

It's not just you, so I'm sorry for singling you out, but this really gets on my tits :confused:
Aye, fair enough. I can be harsh, better not count further.

Back