Ethan Robson

How is he doing down there? Anyone know, this was a while ago

Watched him in a recent cup tie seemed to dee canny or maybe it's his level

How would we know if he is any good at our level? FFS he cant be any worse than what we have can he?
I really struggle with comments like this. If you can give a thought in what his qualities are & a reason why you think you know better than the people that have worked with him day in day out, great, you’ve got a discussion going. To say “he cant be any worse than what we have can he?” Is meaningless. We’ve signed the likes of Conor McLaughlin & De Bock who aren’t as good as the players who played in their positions last season. Hopefully he’ll come back a better player anyway.

I really struggle with comments like this. If you can give a thought in what his qualities are & a reason why you think you know better than the people that have worked with him day in day out, great, you’ve got a discussion going. To say “he cant be any worse than what we have can he?” Is meaningless. We’ve signed the likes of Conor McLaughlin & De Bock who aren’t as good as the players who played in their positions last season. Hopefully he’ll come back a better player anyway.

In english please. Struggle away marra, he is getting a chance elsewhere, is he better than what we have? I dont know we never seem to give them a chance. The people working with them day in day out seem to do fuck all with them. And you didnt need to join any discussion, anything else?

Hes got good qualities.

Really good left foot, excellent range of passing. He can pass it long and short. He can get about the pick, get his foot in and he does have a goal in him.

Inexperience and fitness has counted against him. I'd like to see him back and given a chance

You saw him in the youth teams then? (or whatever the hell they are called now)

Well he can't break through for some reason
TBF every time he gets a game for us he picks up an injury and when he’s fit again we aren’t in a position to play inexperienced players.

He ran a bit “hot and cold” at Dundee (moments where he looked fantastic but went missing far too often according to the Dundee fans I know) and sounds like he’s doing well at Grimsby so maybe next year could be his year if he’s going to be good enough.

Back