Estate Agents

S

stephen cartwright

if you needed to use one, or have used one in the past, who would you recommend in the north east of England area, as best in costs and services provided?

Using them now, you get a local property expert who’s your point of contact and deals with your buyers and he’s been spot on. You also get to message your buyers in the app which is invaluable in my opinion and cuts out the middle man. £899 all in.
Superb info. Appreciated. Just waiting to see how this goes. It’s not for me, just gathering info for a relative

We went with 888 estates we with them for 14 months no viewings changed to Peter heron put the house on the market same Price 5 viewings in a month 4 offers and sold with in a month for the asking price

My opinion is that with time, estate agents will become more obsolete other than for specific cases.

The majority of home sales are bog standard and the method of getting the house to the wider audience is the marketing aspect

I’m confused as to why sites such as Rightmove haven’t shifted to become a sales forum similar to Ebay so sellers can market their own property.

Purple bricks, gets you on the right websites which is all that matters these days if you don’t mind doing viewings yourself

We went with purple bricks and got very few viewings, went with a traditional estate agent and viewings surged and sold the house reasonably quickly.

I had the same opinion as you before using purple bricks, I can only assume people can’t be bothered to register with them to sort a viewing out!

Last edited:
Good experience with Good Life in Grangetown, and our dealings with Andrew Craig in Sunderland who we bought from were good too.

Purple Bricks were the other agent we considered but their call centre never rang us back when we had a problem setting up our account, which didnt give us much confidence in their customer service.

Good experience with Good Life in Grangetown, and our dealings with Andrew Craig in Sunderland who we bought from were good too.

Purple Bricks were the other agent we considered but their call centre never rang us back when we had a problem setting up our account, which didnt give us much confidence in their customer service.

We bought from good life they were fantastic

Eight Estates 100%

They are one of the cheapest plus family run and no pressure it terms of them hassling you

Plus they are on all the major websites

Really nice lads
I bought my last house through them and I can concur, they were good to deal with.

The key is as Kev says, if it’s just a bog standard house in a bog standard area, chuck it in with a local, trusted estate agent who has a decent fee and advertises on all sites.

Purple bricks, gets you on the right websites which is all that matters these days if you don’t mind doing viewings yourself
You can pay them extra to do the viewings too.

Remember mind, if your target market might include old people, Purple Bricks might not be the best option. We’re hoping for downsizers who want to stay in our area, so PB will be our last resort.

Our current Estate Agent is a useless prick.

Last edited:

Back