eSports

coyneeee

Winger
Is there any SMBers who actively watch eSports? Is so, what games?

Actually more surprised Rocket League eSports isn't more talked about considering how closely related to actual football it is and the amount of well known celebs and organisations are actively participating in growing the game.

Paris St Germain (the actual football team) had their own Rocket League team but it folded only last month
Fleetwood Town FC tried but it didn't take off (literally and metaphorically)
Team WYLDE an Irish team owned by Usain Bolt
Team KRU owned by Sergio Aguero, a 50% stake was bought by Lionel Messi 3 weeks ago.
Quadrant is owned by F1 driver Lando Norris
Karmine Corps are basically the Real Madrid of the world, so full of money and wins they've started building their own arena in France

With Sunderland city council wanting to build their own eSports complex and the announcement that League of Legends World Championships 2024 is being hosted in London, what puts people off from eSports? Games such as League of Legends, DOTA I can get it as it's extremely complicated to understand but Rocket League is so basic to understand I'm surprised people don't talk about it more.

followed the call of duty for years but sadly seems like it’s dying, even the warzone doesn’t seem to be going anywhere with most tournaments being online and ripe with cheaters. That’s pretty much the only esport I’ve watched, used to put coupons on the call of duty league all the time made some serious coin on it as well.

I never watched Rocket League eSports until 2 month ago and was impressed how passionate the fans are and how easy it is to understand what's going on
It is great to watch like, I remember going absolutely ape shit watching this

Back