Escape Rooms

hypersonic

Winger
Has anyone had a go at one of these?

Thinking about booking something for a work 'team building' day and keep seeing good reviews of them.

Are they particularly difficult? (I work with some stunningly stupid people :D)

Thinking about booking something for a work 'team building' day and keep seeing good reviews of them.

Some of the ones in york I've tried were brilliant. Heard good stuff about the big one in Manchester too. Went to one in Nottingham a while back on a stag do and it was shite cos we broke it.... they say that but really we just outsmarted it. They do pass a bit of time though and it's good fun usually. If you can get one where you're in multiple groups doing different ones at the same time it gives you something to discuss over a drink after if team bonding is what you're aiming for.

Done a couple. One with my mate in Prague (they allowed us to finish - 3 minutes late) and once with family, smashed the hardest room in very good time.

Good fun. Wouldn't want to be doing them with idiots/control freaks though.

Some of the ones in york I've tried were brilliant. Heard good stuff about the big one in Manchester too. Went to one in Nottingham a while back on a stag do and it was shite cos we broke it.... they say that but really we just outsmarted it. They do pass a bit of time though and it's good fun usually. If you can get one where you're in multiple groups doing different ones at the same time it gives you something to discuss over a drink after if team bonding is what you're aiming for.
We'll be looking to do the tensionrooms one in Lincoln most likely. The themes look decent (all based around Lincolns history), but there's not a lot of good honest reviews of the place. Just loads saying either it was shite or it was amazing 5*s omg!!!!!

We'll be looking to do the tensionrooms one in Lincoln most likely. The themes look decent (all based around Lincolns history), but there's not a lot of good honest reviews of the place. Just loads saying either it was shite or it was amazing 5*s omg!!!!!
I can imagine that being the standard. Hopefully it's good. Have fun fella!

The crystal maze scale?

1 being one of those shit 'mazes' that practically give away the crystal; 10 being a fat man on a rolling log?
Welll let’s face it the majority of them are piss easy, it’s just the time that gets them. Unless it’s Big Narstie who was probably the thickest contestant ever.

We have done 2 of the Escape Rooms in Sunderland with work. Personally I think it works really well as a teamwork exercise i.e. if you don't work together you probably wont get out. It is interesting to see how different characters respond to the challenges. I wouldn't say it was piss easy, you have to have something about you, but nor is it so difficult that you spend an hour stuck on the first clue. Does get the adrenaline pumping. I would say go for it, follow it with a few drinks afterwards (better than before) so that you can all wallow in your success or commiserate your daftness.

Rscape one in Sunland isnt easy, me, wife n kids struggled. Even when they told us how, I was thinking wtf would you think of that anyway. Not my cup of tea, I was actually expecting Crystal maze type challenges, it wasn’t , lot harder.

The durham one is canny
Done the scientist room but there's a other one too
The staff watch you on cctv and give you hints via text on a tv screen or they phone you if you break something ( )

Did one in Newcastle near the gate.

Got out with a couple minutes to spare but took forever on the first room and thought we'd have no chance.

Lass was fit as owt mind. (No pics available,soz)

They're good as long as people are willing to get involved. We did one with work that had two identical rooms set up so we had two teams competing. A couple of people in the other team weren't really contributing though.

Most of the places seem to have different rooms with different levels of difficulty. The one we did with work we did with about 12 mins to spare but did one in Budapest that we got out of in half an hour (although that was supposedly the second hardest one in the place).

Back