Eriksen to Man UTD

Ronaldo is the highest paid player in the Premier League so removing him gives them other options.
But they don’t have the money to sign a quality replacement and would they even get one to join without champs league to offer?
Their best hope really was to keep Ronnie for another season in the hope they could get champs league and/or Greenwood was released without charge.
They will be shuffling Rashford and Martial again in that role next season and neither will get them the goals needed for top 4.

But they don’t have the money to sign a quality replacement and would they even get one to join without champs league to offer?
Their best hope really was to keep Ronnie for another season in the hope they could get champs league and/or Greenwood was released without charge.
They will be shuffling Rashford and Martial in that role next season and neither will get them the goals needed for top 4.
Can’t see Man Utd getting top 4 with or without him.

They will be shuffling Rashford and Martial again in that role next season and neither will get them the goals needed for top 4.
I thought Martial had gone?

Rumour is Ronaldo would not fit in the style Ten Hag is going to play.

Ronaldo is the highest paid player in the Premier League so removing him gives them other options.
the option to play three interchangeable forwards who can press.

Ronaldo these days is a " big man up top " : he's got to go to Italy for that sort of work...

I’d play Eriksen instead of Bruno in the AM role but you just know United won’t. It will be about protecting their investment. Unless Ten Hag wants to try Bruno in a false 9 role if Ronaldo goes?
He definitely works hard but he’s so indisciplined that he can’t play anywhere other than 10 if he’s considered a midfielder. I’d agree with your suggestion tbh. Up front as a false 9 dropping deep and allowing wide forwards to thrive could work. You’d hope the ETH appointment would allow United to do the right thing regardless of previous investments, but given their recent history it seems unlikely. Be nice to think that they’d just do the root and branch rebuild they’ve needed since SAF went though.
the option to play three interchangeable forwards who can press.

Ronaldo these days is a " big man up top " : he's got to go to Italy for that sort of work...
He’d probably be fine at Bayern. Risk free titles there I think.

Last edited:
He did his rehab at Ajax with Ten Hag before joining Brentford so they presumably developed some kind of relationship. Begs the question why didn’t Ten Hag offer him a contract at Ajax though?
Not sure on the Eredivisie rules but I know Serie A rules prevented him playing for Inter again due to his heart problems, perhaps a reason for not signing for Ajax?

Seems the big clubs weren’t prepared to give him a chance last season, rather wait for a lesser club to take a punt then snap him up for nowt if he was a success. That’s where a bit of loyalty would’ve been nice.

Not sure on the Eredivisie rules but I know Serie A rules prevented him playing for Inter again due to his heart problems, perhaps a reason for not signing for Ajax?

Seems the big clubs weren’t prepared to give him a chance last season, rather wait for a lesser club to take a punt then snap him up for nowt if he was a success. That’s where a bit of loyalty would’ve been nice.
Works both ways though.
If he wasn't performing overly well at Brentford they'd have sharp got rid.

Surely United’s top priority should be a defensive midfielder. Still baffled they let Bissouma go to Spurs

To be fair he put himself in the shop window and Brentford got a top quality player for six month. They both knew the deal when he went there.

Rashford will be your best striker this season I reckon.

Man United squad in real decline

They still seem to spend slot on fees and wages but not on the better players, Liverpool are probably best at this over last 5 years or do

New manager has got his work cut out

Back