Eric Carmen RIP

As a child of the new wave era, I was programmed to believe that everything from 1970-77 was utter chod, a belief I largely still hold.
You're probably only a 3-4 years younger than me, and while each era has its peaks, I've alway felt that decade from 1967 to 1976 is by far the greatest - most diverse and original. Two tone, too droan! Seriously though, each to their own...and a good thing too, even if we're still force-fed Madness to highlight our Englishness!

You're probably only a 3-4 years younger than me, and while each era has its peaks, I've alway felt that decade from 1967 to 1976 is by far the greatest - most diverse and original. Two tone, too droan! Seriously though, each to their own...and a good thing too, even if we're still force-fed Madness to highlight our Englishness!
Prog, disco, soul, funk, easy listening - all shite. I can remember riding in me dad’s car thinking “Whoa what’s this?” when radio started playing New Wave. Everything before that seems utterly dull .

Prog, disco, soul, funk, easy listening - all shite. I can remember riding in me dad’s car thinking “Whoa what’s this?” when radio started playing New Wave. Everything before that seems utterly dull .
Damn. I was going to send you a casette compilation of some of my favourite tracks by Curtis Mayfield, Gong, Clifford T Ward, The Temptations, Camel, The Carpenters, Frank Zappa, Parliament, Uriah Heep, Chic and, of course, Eric Carmen. Glad I didn't now.

Damn. I was going to send you a casette compilation of some of my favourite tracks by Curtis Mayfield, Gong, Clifford T Ward, The Temptations, Camel, The Carpenters, Frank Zappa, Parliament, Uriah Heep, Chic and, of course, Eric Carmen. Glad I didn't now.
Funnily enough I’ve seen Chic twice.

Back