Chris rea
Bryan ferry
Trevor horn
Alan price
John miles
Kate adie
Him out of franz Ferdinand
David Coverdale

the chronicle love embellishing things. It’s a propaganda spreader. No doubt did the obligatory cliches......I laugh at them

watching that program on BBC 4 again about the history of rock and roll and remembering what a cock Burdon is.
It's a shame because I wanted to like him.

There are also people who post on the SMB who will go to their graves with most people never having heard of them let alone having admired them ?

Who said we're identifying composers? The Animals' songbook is mostly cover versions. The point I was trying to make is that for me Price is basically a supper club singer in a tux with - to my ears - nothing to say and a repertoire which is best avoided.

Fair enough. I misinterpreted your phrase ‘come up with something like...’ as being a reference to the writer.

it’s not one of Mr Newman’s strongest ditties in my opinion.

Anyway: a thread about Eric Burdon and hed be livid that most of it is about Alan Price.

Chas Chandler would be irritated too.

I remember him once slagging Price off about the royalties.
He was saying he was from Wearside drank Double Maxim while we drank Newcastle Brown.
Prick.
I doubt anyone made much fuss over Broon or Maxim then other than on taste preference. Burdon was factually incorrect anyway. The brilliant Bob Dylan film Don't Look Back has Price pissed and at one point opens a bottle of Broon on the piano. Jarrow is on the Tyne too. Love The Animals. Burdon was a visceral performer, ugly, uncordinated and unkempt he gave himself to the music and was a brilliant singer (still canny, but a mellower sound all round now)
Price went in another direction with Georgie Fame and things like O Lucky Man and there's plenty of good music in his catalogue.

Saw The Animals at the City Hall 1983/84. Their return to the city they started the band in was meant to be a big homecoming but everyone had fallen out all over gain and it showed at times. The augmented line up included Price's usual guitarist who obliterated Hilton Valentine's guitar and spoilt House of the Rising Sun .

There is a Burdon documentary on BBC4 this Friday.

BBC Four - Eric Burdon: Rock ‘n’ Roll – Animal

Last edited:
Got his autobiography, 'I used to be an animal'.
Claims he was first on the scene of Hendrix' death.

I remember TOTP in the 60s, he was introduced by the presenter who asked him "You've spent a lot of time in America, what have you been doing?"
Our Eric replied "Girls"

Alan Price still gigs locally in Barnes but have never seen him at a lads game at Fulham.

Back