Chris rea
Bryan ferry
Trevor horn
Alan price
John miles
Kate adie
Him out of franz Ferdinand
David Coverdale
Chris Rea is from f***ing Boro isnt he?????

32 page chronic pullout today on the back of this
10 things we learned
5 things you might not have spotted
50 greatest jawdee music stars.....
45 of which are not even from Newcastle
Chris rea
Bryan ferry
Trevor horn
Alan price
John miles
Kate adie
Him out of franz Ferdinand
David Coverdale
See I’m not even sure if this is a wind up or not!

Typical working class multi-millionaire Geordie residing in California, willing to don an authentic hoodie when posing in front of his old haunts.

Point taken, but I doubt he’s a multi-millionaire as Alan Price gets all the royalties for Animals arrangement of House of the Rising Sun

Watched this last night , he came over as a right tit, mind you still like the stuff he's done musically especially with War.

Cannat remember. He was mainly slagging off Alan Price, said he ripped off the rest of the band.
But Alan Price was a proper musician he could tinkle the ivories and read music and everything. Burdon on the other hand was just a singer. "Don't let me be misunderstood" was canny though.

Burdon used to tell a story of how in the early days Nina Simone telt him off for being a band of white boys and singing House of the Rising Sun. It must have been a bit scary that like - Nina was a very assertive woman.
(Oh claim to fame - I saw him and the Animals around 1963 through the window of the Biz Bar in Park Lane when I went passed with me Mam . I was only about 11 but I was right cool them days)

Last edited:
I saw him at the City Hall a year or so back and enjoyed the show. He’s still got a great voice and the set list was good.

As for Alan Price...MLF he may be but anyone who can come up with something like Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear has credibility issues in my eyes.

I saw him at the City Hall a year or so back and enjoyed the show. He’s still got a great voice and the set list was good.

As for Alan Price...MLF he may be but anyone who can come up with something like Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear has credibility issues in my eyes.

Randy Newman song.

We’re not doing well in identifying the composer on this thread are we?

Back