Erasure

I must be getting soft in my old age but I was genuinely getting emotional as Andy Bell was belting out tunes like Drama and The Circus whilst standing about 3 yards away from me as he stared in my direction as he worked the crowd ☺:lol:

How's his voice? He sounded very ropey on that Ant and Dec thingy he did

On the train now with the wife for a couple of days, the wife has been going on for ages to see him live! She's buzzing but I'm not bothered. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Love a bit of erasure, only really appreciated the words of circus recently, very powerful and a fabulous song.
They're a great synth pop outfit, I immediately think of my early teenage years anytime I hear them.
Bet they're excellent live, I'm well jeal xx
Never read the words. tbh, I had half them wrong from what I'd heard.
Yeah, its quite poignant even 30 years later

I just think it odd that you feel the need to state your sexuality when saying you like an erasure track.

I like that track too, but don't feel the need to post that I'm bisexual, lesbian or straight.

Not really a massive deal just a thought.
..cos loads of gays followed Erasure, that's why. No need to make a mountain out a molehill.

Just hoyed them on Spotify on the back of this thread, never listened to them for a good few years and it’s mental how songs trigger memories about your youth.
Should kill a couple of hours before I go out for the match and the fight.

I love it when you go to a gig "sort of under duress" and it turns out to be a cracker.

I think that vince Clarke writes some perfect pop songs and Bell is a fabulous front man.
Agree %100, a lad in front of me refused to take part in any of it, his wife was begging him to get involved. Eventually he was just like the rest of us, totally involved!! Me and the wife had a fantastic time together at the gig. I'd say to any bloke to go and join in with the missus if given the chance.

Most bands who “make it” are good outfits. They may not be to your taste but they will almost always be very hardworking professional people.

The 90 minutes you see them performing is just a very small slice of what it takes to be a working musician.

Back