WMS Episode 526 – LIVE at Phantom Brewing with Kevin Phillips and Tom White

Couldn’t wait to get away ?
He was here 6 years
208 apps
113 goals
your opinion means fuck all
Legend
He is a legend of the club, but for around a year he had stopped trying. I distinctly remember wanting him dropped it was so bad.
Got no time for WMS after the way their podcasters went on about Parkinson & abused anyone who dared to suggest their criticism was over the top. Bunch of shambolic amateur fickle fuckers.
Roker report were worse.

He got demoralised at times when it was awful. As a striker you thrive on chances and he had been top draw and top doog, probably felt soem regret and that is going to put you the wrong place mentally. It happens to human beings.

No it was the way they were so smug and cocky about it at the time.

I remember it quite differently. They were angry and gutted like the rest of us.

Also, aside from the fact Parkinson himself has turned it round (which is brilliant), they weren’t wrong either. The ownership is still a complete mess and they clearly can’t finance a club as big as us. The sooner they sell the better.

I remember it quite differently. They were angry and gutted like the rest of us.

Also, aside from the fact Parkinson himself has turned it round (which is brilliant), they weren’t wrong either. The ownership is still a complete mess and they clearly can’t finance a club as big as us. The sooner they sell the better.
They were totally wrong about Parkinson this had nothing to do with the owners. It was the actual way they spoke to me on Twitter so condescending and arrogant.

Got no time for WMS after the way their podcasters went on about Parkinson & abused anyone who dared to suggest their criticism was over the top. Bunch of shambolic amateur fickle fuckers.

I share your view of WMS in this respect. However, there are many, including lots on here, whose opinions were idiotic, cruel and unproductive before he had even arrived . . . oh, and of course once he had arrived. Then they have the cheek to apologise because, in spite of their stupid, uninformed opinions, PP has managed to to do a manager's job.

How much quicker would he have been without their appalling contributions? How many points did their contributions cost us?

Last edited:
I share your view of WMS in this respect. However, there are many, including lots on here, whose opinions were idiotic, cruel and unproductive before he had even arrived . . . oh, and of course once he had arrived. Then they have the cheek to apologise because, in spite of their stupid, uninformed opinions, PP has managed to to do a manager's job.

How much quicker would he have been without their appalling contributions?
Spot on mate. He had to work in a hostile climate. The condescending smug way WMS people spoke to me because I had the audacity to stick up for Parkinson after we lost to Gillingham won't be forgotten.

How much quicker would he have been without their appalling contributions? How many points did their contributions cost us?

You are completely missing the fact he had the worst start of any manager in our history. Of course people wanted him sacked.

Are you blaming WMS for a poor two months of the season? If we have that much of an effect then I'll be in the queue for a promotion bonus, should it happen.

Are you blaming WMS for a poor two months of the season? If we have that much of an effect then I'll be in the queue for a promotion bonus, should it happen.

No, most certainly not. Neither do I blame Parky. He had to fight almost everything to finally get a good tune out of a broken fiddle.

What I do say is that the so called "Supporters" in WMS gave succour to players who didn't deserve any kind of sympathy at all, and others at the club who needed a good kick up the backside, by attributing the blame to Parky and thus his team, almost the only people doing positive, effective things to fix the shambles.

It annoyed me at the time and it still does now.

I make no Superman claims for Parky. We have to wait and see what happens next. But that is what WMS should have done back then, instead of throwing their toys out of the pram.

No, most certainly not. Neither do I blame Parky. He had to fight almost everything to finally get a good tune out of a broken fiddle.

What I do say is that the so called "Supporters" in WMS gave succour to players who didn't deserve any kind of sympathy at all, and others at the club who needed a good kick up the backside, by attributing the blame to Parky and thus his team, almost the only people doing positive, effective things to fix the shambles.

I make no Superman claims for Parky. We have to wait and see what happens next. But that is what WMS should have done back then, instead of throwing their toys out of the pram.
there no way our 343 was his first second or even third choice it was his last roll of the dice but at least its working

You’ve totally lost me.

You think they only attributed blame to Parkinson yet it was them Roker report and rawa who attributed blame to Donald not Parkinson as far as any kind of campaign went.

Of course the publication and podcast was asking for his head, they are just fan representatives and every single fan I know wanted Parkinson sacked after Bolton match.

I do not know 1 person who wasn’t saying the football was shite and it looked like we had no hope.

You can’t just retrospectively blame them now we have turned it around.

You’ve totally lost me.

You think they only attributed blame to Parkinson yet it was them Roker report and rawa who attributed blame to Donald not Parkinson as far as any kind of campaign went.

Of course the publication and podcast was asking for his head, they are just fan representatives and every single fan I know wanted Parkinson sacked after Bolton match.

I do not know 1 person who wasn’t saying the football was shite and it looked like we had no hope.

You can’t just retrospectively blame them now we have turned it around.
It isn't retrospective. I was furious at the time. Did you go to matches? Plenty there were far more patient about the time needed to recover.

It isn't retrospective. I was furious at the time. Did you go to matches? Plenty there were far more patient about the time needed to recover.

Yes i did and do fella season ticket, I did not know 1 person young and old who didn’t want him gone post Bolton game.

There was a far bigger section of our support who wanted Parky gone after Bolton than Ross when he left, those are facts, you are just trying to retrospectively write history.

Go on the posts after Bolton on here or twitter, no one wanted him to stay.

And in the pubs and everywhere else I heard the same things.

Back