Enterprise car rental

aupaalaves

Midfield
Anyone work for Enterprise?

Planning on renting a car from the Bishop Auckland branch around Xmas time.

The last time I rented from them they withdrew the deposit rather than put a block on it like previous times.

When the rental finished, they put it back in my account but it was €20 less than what was taken out. This is probably down to bank commission fees and exchange rate as I live in Spanish and have a Spanish account.

So, what I'd like to know is do they still withdraw the deposit and would they accept the rental in my name but payment being from a UK family member's card?

I've tried contacting them by email but they haven't replied.

SPUFF

Striker

The last time I rented from them they withdrew the deposit rather than put a block on it like previous times.

When the rental finished, they put it back in my account but it was €20 less than what was taken out. This is probably down to bank commission fees and exchange rate as I live in Spanish and have a Spanish account.

So, what I'd like to know is do they still withdraw the deposit and would they accept the rental in my name but payment being from a UK family member's card?

Got an account with them, allwaysbill about £250 more then return it.

aupaalaves

Midfield
Hired earlier this year and they took deposit (£200 iirc) then transferred it back a couple of days after hire finished.
Yup that's about right.

I just looked in my account from 2017 and they took 232 euros deposit and when they put it back in, I only got 215 euros back. They sent an invoice to confirm the £200 had been returned.

Bit of a pain for people renting a car coming from abroad.

Rueben Agboula

Midfield

Use a revelout card or something similar so you’re not hit with exchange rate or fees

hefty em

Striker
Think most hire firms are the same. I've hired from minster drive ower pallion a couple of times and they take a 200 quid deposit. Refund it nee bother like.

Not sure if Vic Young's in shields do like, can't recall owt there.

Something to do with the transaction having to be a fixed amount.

So even if you have thousands on the card and pay at the pump only allows £99, it still won’t accept it as it’s not a fixed amount.

I think!
I don't think that's the reason, but you're right they don't accept them. It was a pain in the arse trying to fill up the campervan in Toulouse at about 2 in the morning nearly all French filling stations are unmanned.

Kevj

Striker

Ask if they’ll accept a cash deposit?

taff

Midfield
My son hired a car from them at Bristol Airport. Took it back, first thing they did was look under the back bumper and said there’s a scratch there which he didn’t do. Knew it was there robbing twats

Davyred

Striker
My son hired a car from them at Bristol Airport. Took it back, first thing they did was look under the back bumper and said there’s a scratch there which he didn’t do. Knew it was there robbing twats
I've had cars from them for the last 3 years through work and I think It tends to be a branch thing - some are good, some are bad.

I used to get them from the Middlesbrough branch and the lass who ran that was awful - wouldn't do anything for you (Bare in mind that I'd had a car with them for 2 years solid). They tried to get me with a scratch on the car as their favourite trick was to drop it off late at night and put the keys through the door - no checks.

I now get them from the Stockton branch, and they can't do enough for you.

aupaalaves

Midfield
Finally got a reply from them and can't pay cash deposit if reserved online and payment can't be on a different person's card.

Screwing over their customers who come from abroad. A pity as they've always been spot on.

Shame they have this stupid policy of actually withdrawing deposits rather than putting a block on them.