Enquiries for Heneghan

yes so the problem is how the team set up...exactly..thats my whole point...glad you agree with me..set up in a more pisituve way..dont play two defensive midfielers and we might do better..
That was exactly the issue last season. We had a defence that as a unit weren’t particularly strong. Having a good keeper made the stats look better than we actually played.
Because of this we had to try and shield them with defensive midfielders which created a bit of a disconnect with the forward players hence we struggled to support Wyke/ Grigg.
A stronger defensive unit would allow us to make better use of our attacking options from both midfield and up front.

That was exactly the issue last season. We had a defence that as a unit weren’t particularly strong. Having a good keeper made the stats look better than we actually played.
Because of this we had to try and shield them with defensive midfielders which created a bit of a disconnect with the forward players hence we struggled to support Wyke/ Grigg.
A stronger defensive unit would allow us to make better use of our attacking options from both midfield and up front.
it should do...yes...though how that fits with he idea of playing five defenders ths season instead of four is interesting..i think there wasnt a transition player in midfield who was good and thats a big problem..

it should do...yes...though how that fits with he idea of playing five defenders ths season instead of four is interesting..i think there wasnt a transition player in midfield who was good and thats a big problem..
You are right, that was also an issue. Having to play 2 defensive midfielders just made the problem worse.

Flanagan
Ozturk
Baldwin
Loovens

Would say that’s the order of our 4 CBs last season. Willis will hopefully easily be the best of the current 5.

Back