Enquiries for Heneghan

I hope so.

But it’s a big gamble.
peole on here were whining like fuck about hume and embleton contracts-caloing the owners all sorts of names for not getting it done..then s soon as they sign fans decdie they shouldnt play..not good enough etc..what the fuck was the point if signing them then? they arent youth players-they have to be good enough for league one now or its not justified employing them..

Loovens is a waste of a squad number. He won’t get near the first team and pointless playing him in the Reserves.

We were saying the same about Ozturk until about two months before the season ended. I'll not write anyone off until they're for and have had a few games under their belt, which Loovens hasn't.

O'Nien was written off after four games, ffs.

(I do think you're right, like).

peole on here were whining like fuck about hume and embleton contracts-caloing the owners all sorts of names for not getting it done..then s soon as they sign fans decdie they shouldnt play..not good enough etc..what the fuck was the point if signing them then? they arent youth players-they have to be good enough for league one now or its not justified employing them..
I agree. At the age now where it's time for them to show what they've got. It's not as if it's premier league football we're asking for them to step up too. If they want to be decent professional footballers, then at their age they need to be playing at this level now.

I agree. At the age now where it's time for them to show what they've got. It's not as if it's premier league football we're asking for them to step up too. If they want to be decent professional footballers, then at their age they need to be playing at this level now.
and the probelm is some people say "lets give em time" but if they need time-then by the time they are ready to be league one players-i would hope we would be a championship club-so they would still be behind,..and we cant have that..

last yer we had one of the very best defensive records in the legaue..
4th best and finished 5th. We were aiming to finish top 2 so that clearly isn't good enough. Never mind that it was clear as day to anyone that watched our games we played very defensively and we have the best keeper in the league so goals against doesn't show the full picture.

Which would be fine if we had enough creativity to score more than 1 goal.
Plenty goals and creativity in our team if we played a more attacking system

Last edited:
4th best and finished 5th. We were aiming to finish top 2 so that clearly isn't good enough. Never mind that it was clear as day to anyone that watched our games we played very defensively and we have the best keeper in the league so goals against doesn't show the full picture.

Plenty goals and creativity in our team if we played a more attacking system
4th best and finished 5th-so our defence outperformed the other areas of the team..if the other areas had perfored as well we would have been 4th overall.

4th best and finished 5th-so our defence outperformed the other areas of the team..if the other areas had perfored as well we would have been 4th overall.

:) In a scenario where a team was ultra defensive and had every player defending behind the ball,we could draw 0-0 every game. We'd have the best defence in the league,but we'd be nowhere near the top. The defence would outperform the other areas of the team simply because there weren't any other areas with any goal-scoring intent.

Interesting to look back on this thread posted by @Johnsafc to see how Heneghan and Willis stack up. On the amount of ground and air challenges they win they're both down on Jack Baldwin. Maybe a note of caution is worth sounding here. Obviously other factors come into play outside of these two. They're pretty important though - and shouldn't be discounted.

Yeah I mean Willis at 5'11 I can't imagine he's particularly dominant. Both better than Flanagan mind!

:) In a scenario where a team was ultra defensive and had every player defending behind the ball,we could draw 0-0 every game. We'd have the best defence in the league,but we'd be nowhere near the top. The defence would outperform the other areas of the team simply because there weren't any other areas with any goal-scoring intent.
yes in that scenario the defence wou;d, or would look, like it was outperforming the rest...you wouldnt change the defence in that scenario, you would change the other players and or the formation..which is exactly hat I thinksafc need to do..
also worth noting..our defenisve record would be a lot worse wihtout the keeper..

If you look at the amount of shots we gave up compared to Barnsley and Luton that's where the problem was. The defence really didn't outperform other areas of the team. Numbers wise we were pretty average defensively & were poor attacking for chances created.

Also worth pointing out that McLaughlin had the best save % in the league.

Back