Enquiries for Heneghan

last yer we had one of the very best defensive records in the legaue..

But worse than the three teams that went up and significantly so. Go figure.

We played cautiously to cover for the defensive frailties imo.

Stronger defence hopefully means more freedom further up.

Spot on.

Surely Flannigan or Baldwin must be off?.... or we've come to an agreement with Loovens over the remainder of his contract?

Maybe both. You only need four really if we're playing 4 at the back. McLoughlin can come across too can't he, so there's cover.

Last edited:
Best guess would be Loovens paid off and sell Baldwin. Would leave Heneghan, Willis, Ozturk and Flanagan.

If he wants the flexibility to play 5 at the back then we need a minimum 5 centre halves though. Hopefully its Loovens paid up and then we have 5 for the season with McLaughlin able to fill in at CB too if required too.

Depends if we’re going with 3 CBs this season. I’d say 5 in a squad for a long season would be canny.

In that case, just Loovens out will do.

Snap

If he wants the flexibility to play 5 at the back then we need a minimum 5 centre halves though. Hopefully its Loovens paid up and then we have 5 for the season with McLaughlin able to fill in at CB too if required too.

Snap
Yeah agreed, we would need a new right back and a left back if we are playing this system though.

But worse than the three teams that went up and significantly so. Go figure.

Spot on.

Maybe both. You only need four really if we're playing 4 at the back. McLoughlin can come across too can't he, so there's cover.

It could also be Sky spinning a load of bollocks as I think we tried to get him last season.

Don't think there'd be much benefit in paying Loovens off. Only 12 months of his contract left, so no financial burden carrying forward to next season there. Can't see it being a big one given he signed last year.

Would rather hang on to Baldwin than Ozturk but then I remind myself that these are the players that saw us finish fifth and I shouldn't give a shit who goes.

Back