Enough to put you off a cruise?!

There will be a massive disaster with these ships at some point. They got lucky with the Concordia as it grounded. There aren't enough crew to control the passengers. If panic sets in they are fucked it's not like most cruise passengers are fit. A big fire or flood... Looking at that.They couldn't have abandoned ship. It would have been carnage.

It's a form of natural selection mate ;)

It made me laugh when I saw passengers being interviewed as they left the ship.

They were like excited teenagers, absolutely beaming like they'd just climbed Everest :lol:

Probably the most exciting thing they'd ever done ....

Last edited:

Yep, exactly like that arent they
I don't know, never been on one, just the way I feel about them, stuck on a ship with cheesy club acts for entertainment night after night and the same faces day after day, never appealed to me, so I've never bothered, hope that's ok with you though.

I don't know, never been on one, just the way I feel about them, stuck on a ship with cheesy club acts for entertainment night after night and the same faces day after day, never appealed to me, so I've never bothered, hope that's ok with you though.
Some of them are like that in all honesty. Most aren't though, obviously the less you pay, the more "butlins" it's likely to be! With a couple of notable exceptions I should add...

Last edited:
There's already been 3 cruises out of Port of Tyne in February and March for fred Olsen's Boudicca - 800 passengers a go, there will be a lot more have gone from Southampton too.

She saw them yesterday and doesn't seem overly bothered. I suppose it is very rare.
To be fair - the North Sea really isn't that bad weather wise, it has its moments of course. the chanel and the Irish sea are far worse and suffer far more restrictions and port closures.

Last edited:

Back