England's next batting coach

scotch

Striker
Given how Ramps doesn't seem to have improved this lot at all, i'll put two names forward.

KP and Hick - both with talent to burn and fantastic 1st class records or who could adapt their batting methods and mentality to improve this generation of batsman.

Given how Ramps doesn't seem to have improved this lot at all, i'll put two names forward.

KP and Hick - both with talent to burn and fantastic 1st class records or who could adapt their batting methods and mentality to improve this generation of batsman.

Pietersen wants nothing to do with coaching, he's got a media career spouting contradictary rubbish to look after. Hick and Ramprakash's 1st class records are remarkably similar and they both suffered from fragile minds, plus Hick hasn't exactly turned this Aussie line up into world beaters.

Coaching at Test level shouldn't be about technique, it should just be a case of getting the players in the right mindset.

I'd see if DiVo fancies the gig.

Pietersen wants nothing to do with coaching, he's got a media career spouting contradictary rubbish to look after. Hick and Ramprakash's 1st class records are remarkably similar and they both suffered from fragile minds, plus Hick hasn't exactly turned this Aussie line up into world beaters.

Coaching at Test level shouldn't be about technique, it should just be a case of getting the players in the right mindset.

I'd see if DiVo fancies the gig.
wasnt he with the aussies a few years back..

Kevin Pietersen will not be employed in any capacity at the ECB with Andrew Strauss or any of the current board in charge.

Ramprakash is beaten with the mentality stick, why would Hick be any different given his test record?

You're kidding right? I know Surrey have a massive pot of money, so he'll probably on loads, but would he really turn down the opportunity to coach England. Pretty good for your CV that.

He left his job as Australia's batting coach, and Lehmann's heir apparent, to coach Surrey.

KP absolutely not - untrustworthy and not liked.

Hick - Not for me - he struggled like Ramprakash with his mind and fast bowling. I always thought that when England played the stronger test teams it always seemed to be Peter Willey was picked instead of Hick.

Get Gooch back in

KP? There's more chance of you getting the job.

Back