England's 30 Poorest Areas Ranked

My worry from day one....yes we will not send the EU cash, but will we see it? My guess is that it has already cost millions and expensive new processes will for years. I'm all for winging it, but surely more thought should've gone into the idea of Brexit.

Probably boils down to whether you trust our politicians more than those in Europe. Sending the money today is a given, how it will be reallocated, who knows.

Ah. Well done mate. Its not that i was joking about. Me & the other 7000 people who work at datsun seem to be paupers by a lot of the shite that gets posted on here

Yeah, many of them think that we are thick by default just because we may have an alternative view on a matter. See earlier on this thread about how “ironic” it is that we cannot comprehend how 170 euros should make us all eternally grateful.

Last edited:
Probably boils down to whether you trust our politicians more than those in Europe. Sending the money today is a given, how it will be reallocated, who knows.

Yeah, many of them think that we are thick by default just because we may have an alternative view on a matter. See earlier on this thread about how “ironic” it is that we cannot comprehend how 170 euros should make us all eternally grateful.

Have a like you handsome devil. And its too nice of a day to be on here. Motorbike out. Cruise in the sunshine.

Almost all of those places started to suffer as a result of our industrial decline. It's totally unacceptable that in the literally decades since that started to happen we have failed as a country to address this. It's also notable that there are neighbourhoods among Britain's poorest within a couple of postcodes of places that are enjoying a regeneration. This inequality and failure to spread the prosperity of one of the top 6 or 7 economies on the planet are the number one reason for the social and political problems we are encountering as a country.

TBH I'm not sure how helpful it is looking at it by towns and cities. Some southern cities like Bristol or London are wealthy on average but with some absolutely dreadful areas. Even some boroughs of London, like Islington, have vast extremes of wealth and poverty within them.

Back