England's 30 Poorest Areas Ranked

My point is that even though we are allegedly getting more funding up here, it isn’t very much in the grand scheme and the development fund is a very small % of the total we give. 170 euros per head is what your article says we receive.

Which is significantly more than we’ll receive when the Tories redistribute ‘the surplus’

So you think that someone earning say £500,000 a year in London should receive the same level of EU investment as someone living in, say, Sunderland where the unemployment rate is the second highest in the country?

Or do you think that any investment should be targeted at the poorest areas. You know, as it already is.

And as for the £437 million investment, there’s around half a million people in the two biggest north east cities. Bit more than 170 Euros a head. Bit don’t let facts ruin anything :lol:

European Funding | North East LEP

Where did I say that we should get less than other areas? And I’ve only been quoting numbers from your previous quoted article, I didn’t make anything up. The numbers aren’t impressive at all imo.

My point that I should have framed better earlier was with your “irony” i.e. the poor people up here are stupid and cut their noses off to spite their faces by voting for Brexit. Based upon the numbers in the article you quoted, those numbers aren’t impressive at all. And the sneering (as usual) is part of the reason many voted Brexit. I didn’t as it happens, not that it matters.

So you think that someone earning say £500,000 a year in London should receive the same level of EU investment as someone living in, say, Sunderland where the unemployment rate is the second highest in the country?

Or do you think that any investment should be targeted at the poorest areas. You know, as it already is.

And as for the £437 million investment, there’s around half a million people in the two biggest north east cities. Bit more than 170 Euros a head. Bit don’t let facts ruin anything :lol:

It’s funny how you talk about facts then pluck out of the air that only one million people live in the north east :lol:

Which is significantly more than we’ll receive when the Tories redistribute ‘the surplus’

You are speculating, I’m just quoting directly from the article.

Last edited:
Where did I say that we should get less than other areas? And I’ve only been quoting numbers from your previous quoted article, I didn’t make anything up. The numbers aren’t impressive at all imo.

My point that I should have framed better earlier was with your “irony” i.e. the poor people up here are stupid and cut their noses off to spite their faces by voting for Brexit. Based upon the numbers in the article you quoted, those numbers aren’t impressive at all. And the sneering (as usual) is part of the reason many voted Brexit. I didn’t as it happens, not that it matters.

It’s funny how you talk about facts then pluck out of the air that only one million people live in the north east.

Wow you’re so clever you didn’t even read the post properly. Go back and read it again.

Secondly averaging out total investment over the whole population proves fuck all. The investment isn’t equal across the country So why try and make out like it is?

But by your own link that 437mill is divvied up between more than half a million folk in two cities, add in Durham and other north eastern areas and the 170 per head may be closer to the real mark

Wow you’re so clever you didn’t even read the post properly. Go back and read it again.

Secondly averaging out total investment over the whole population proves fuck all. The investment isn’t equal across the country So why try and make out like it is?

It’s still fuck all and a tiny % of what we send to the EU over the same period. Source, your article. 10.9 billion we get back versus about 90 billion sent. Maybe the other 80 million is cracking value. Don’t make out people are thick because they aren’t getting wet over a few hundred quid each spread over a 7 year period.

The ranking is based on % of areas in the 20% most deprived.

So a town with say 60 % of its areas in 15-20 percentil would be classed as more deprived than an area that has 55% of its areas in the 1-10 percentile

So dont think it gives a true reflection really & somewhat open to interpretation.

But by your own link that 437mill is divvied up between more than half a million folk in two cities, add in Durham and other north eastern areas and the 170 per head may be closer to the real mark

Assuming 3 million people in the NE it’s 145 quid. WOW.

The ranking is based on % of areas in the 20% most deprived.

So a town with say 60 % of its areas in 15-20 percentil would be classed as more deprived than an area that has 55% of its areas in the 1-10 percentile

So dont think it gives a true reflection really & somewhat open to interpretation.

It’s clickbait Chucky, for sure

Cannot believe it, the smb must be the top end of the salary scale in sunderland then. Amount of trumpet blowing off the high flyers on here is deafening

To give an example, on that 447 million.

Assume Sunderland is a quarter of the north east. Newcastle/Tyneside is massive, then there is County Durham too.

So we get a quarter. Over 7 years, that’s about 112 million. Which was the cost of that new bridge. It’s a nice bridge, but if that’s essentially the budget we have over a 7 year period it really isn’t that impressive.

North: 21
Midlands: 8
South (ish): 1

Whilst the south prospers because of............ agriculture?

:neutral:

London, and it’s financial overspill into the surrounding counties I guess.

Cannot believe it, the smb must be the top end of the salary scale in sunderland then. Amount of trumpet blowing off the high flyers on here is deafening

Well, to add more fuel to your fire, the famous 170 euros each per 7 years, I pay a lot more than that in council tax every month!

At the end of the day we know sunderland is a canny place for most of us to live, some scratters and arseholes for sure but i am proud to be from sunderland.

My worry from day one....yes we will not send the EU cash, but will we see it? My guess is that it has already cost millions and expensive new processes will for years. I'm all for winging it, but surely more thought should've gone into the idea of Brexit.

It's become a parody of itself these days this part of the forum sadly.

It could have been a gathering of your ordinary North Eastern folk and an opportunity to discuss life up here.

But it's become dominated by obnoxious creeps boasting about their make believe lives and chasing off ordinary folk.

That and the council weirdos, the nonces, the food snobs and the political maniacs, no one sane is going to join now.

Back